Search for content in message boards

Gavin Dalziel m (1)Margaret Lennox , m(2) Martha Fisher - Sorn, Ayrshire, Scotland 18C

Gavin Dalziel m (1)Margaret Lennox , m(2) Martha Fisher - Sorn, Ayrshire, Scotland 18C

Posted: 3 Jan 2012 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jan 2012 9:11AM GMT
Surnames: Dalziel, Lennox, Fisher
Gavin Dalziel b. Abt 1722 and Margaret Lennox b. Abt 1722 were married and Gavin Dalziel also Married Martha Fisher. But here on ancestry the same children are listed under both wives !! did he have seperate children with Margaret Lennox and a different set of children with Martha Fisher?

Re: Gavin Dalziel m (1)Margaret Lennox , m(2) Martha Fisher - Sorn, Ayrshire, Scotland 18C

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 7:02AM GMT
Surnames: Dalziel , Dalyzel, Lenox, Lennox.
Hi.
We believe that there was to different Gavin Dalziel (Dalyzel) and I will set out our reasons for believing this.

After many years of research on our Dalziel line and in discussion with others researching this family we believe that Gavin Dalziel (born 17 March 1722) who married Martha Fisher in 1745 and had the following children;

Janet 5 Jan 1744
Jonah 1746
Gavin 4 Dec 1748
William 1757

Gavin Dalyzel who had the following children with Margaret Lenox (Lennox), no marriage found.

Mungo 4 Dec 1747
Agnes 28 May 1749
Margaret 22 Mar 1751
Elizabeth 23 Aug 1763

The dates of the children's births overlap and the parish records (Sorn) record the births as either Gavin Dalziel & Martha Fisher or Gavin Dalyzel & Margaret (Margret)Lenox.

I trust this explanation is of assistance.

Kind regards

Gary Lang

Re: Gavin Dalziel m (1)Margaret Lennox , m(2) Martha Fisher - Sorn, Ayrshire, Scotland 18C

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 7:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2012 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Dalziel , Dalyzel, Lenox, Lennox.
Thank you for the info !!! Did Any of the Gavins not have a son named John Dalziel? Who Married an Ann Bell Dalziel?

Also

Do you have any info on Herbert Dalziel (Brown)b ABT 1935 D 2002 Im actually looking for info on my grandmother Barbara Marion Grime(s)b.1935 d.1965 who he was with or married but had children and my mother being one of them?

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Dalziel, Bell
Hi.

Sorry we do not have the John Dalziel (Dalzell) who married Ann Bell (20 November 1795 Cambusnethan Lanark) in our family line. I take it that this would be the one you are referring to.
Again sorry we have no knowledge on Herbert Dalziel & Barbara Marion Grimes.

All the best on our research.
Regards

Gary

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 2:37AM GMT
Thank you very very much for the info, I can take Gavin DL off my tree as he does not belong in my line :) Thank you again for taking the time in messaging me !!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions