Search for content in message boards

Origin of Solomon Kaplan

Origin of Solomon Kaplan

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 11:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Solomon Kaplan born 1854 in Prussia/Russia Married Augusta Cohen from Germany (where?) and had four of five children in England before immigrating to US in 1887. Would like to know the birthplace of Solomon and Augusta.

Re: Origin of Solomon Kaplan

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 10:38PM GMT
Solomon and Augusta are my Great Grandparents. They came to Memphis Tn from England. Please contact me asap as we are trying to find info also. They had Mary, Carrie, Louis, Samuel, and Annie. My Father was also Solomon Kaplan and his sister was Gussie Kaplan. I am Sandra Kaplan Armus. I have 2 siblings Gary Kaplan and Judy McCown. ot sure where Augusta was born. Mary was the youngest child and I think she was born in the US.

Posted: 31 May 2014 7:11AM GMT
Solomon and Augusta are my second Great Grandparents. Do you have any new information on their birth origin, or anything else? or their parents?

Posted: 2 Jun 2014 5:19AM GMT
Solomon Kaplan's death record gives the birth place as Kalish, which is in Poland, then known as Prussia. I also learned from Sandra Armus that Augusta's surname was Menke, and not Cohen, as I formerly thought. Still much to learn about this side of the family, including the Lehman's. Good to hear from you, cousin.

Renee Lehman Milton
per page

Find a board about a specific topic