Search for content in message boards

MURRELLS from the gloucestershire area Eng.

MURRELLS from the gloucestershire area Eng.

Tina (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 3:17PM GMT
Hello, I am searching for anyone relating to Ellen Annie MURRELL my grandmother. Her brothers and sisters were Albert, Walter, Elsie and Arthur. She was born: 08.12.1900 to a farming family.Her mother and father were Margaret Niblett and George Murrell. Any help out there would be much appreciated.

Murrells from Gloucestershire England

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 4:04AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2003 3:54PM GMT
My mother-in-law and her sister[Doreen and June] were born Lewis and are just starting the family history which includes the family name Murrell. All the names that you listed on your message are known to them and they would be very interested to know of any links that you have and would be very happy to help you with any information that they have that can fill in your gaps. Please Email me on susyp_53@hotmail.com
Sue Page

Murrells from Gloucestershire England

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2003 3:54PM GMT
Hi Tina, My mum-in-law and her sister,born Lewis[Doreen and June]are starting out on afamily history which includes the family name Murrell from the Glos area, and the people that you mention are known to them They would like to make contact and share the knowledge that they have and obviously learn of anything that can help them Please email me on susyp_53@hotmail.co
Sue Page

Re MURRELL Family

Sue Page (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2000 1:48PM GMT
Hi Sue Thankyou for your reply, It seems that Doreen and June are indeed family relatives of mine. My father has told me they are his cousins (his name is john prewett btw) i'm sure they will remember him if you ask them although he hasn't seen them for many years..maybe you can let me know if they do....thanks again Tina

Re: Murrells from Gloucestershire England

Posted: 19 Sep 2001 12:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Tina do any of the following names ring a bell with you? the surname Murrell goes back to my great grandfather's mothers maiden name (Elizabeth Bradfield nee Murrell), my maiden name is Bradfield. I have a marrage cert for Henry Bradfield to Elizabeth Murrell on 1852 in the parish of Prittevell in the county of Essex. Their children that i know about were
Hartley John,Aflred b1861d1904,Lizzie(Mrs Fall),Annie(Mrs Black),Arthur infant(died) andJenny 4yrs(died).

Alfred had 8 children their names were:
Ruby b1890,Pearl b1892,Billy b1895d1918,Leslie b1898(tis is my grandfather who is now dead),Rene b1901 here were alo three more children born, one was nmed robert and te oter was mary.

Please reply if you know any of the above people

Paul Murrell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2002 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: Murrell
Hi Tina, My family all come from the Gloucestershire area.My late Grandfather Ivor Leslie Charles Murrell born 1908.Great Grandfather Sidney Murrell.Great Great Grandfather Thomas Murrell, they all worked down the mines around Cinderford,and they all came from Littledean.

Posted: 14 Sep 2002 12:11AM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2004 12:03PM GMT
Surnames: MURRELL
I have family info for your Elizabeth MURRELL m. Henry Bradfield in 1852. Elizabeth was the sister of my 2nd great aunt's husband Samuel MURRELL. Her parents were John MURRELL, b. 1802 Prittlewell, Essex, & Hannah BROOKES, b. c 1809, d. 1873. Elizabeth was one of what appears to be 8 children. John MURRELL parents were Joseph MURRELL & Elizabeth Smith. Joseph MURRELL's parents were James MURRELL & Mary BROOM. I've obtained this info from Donovan Murrells who has done extensive research on the MURRELL family.

tony morrell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 8:21AM GMT
Surnames: Morrell, Murrell, Merrell
Hi. I am researching my family who are in Gloucestershire as far back as I have been able to trace. My GGGrandfather was John Morrell who was born in 1827 and lived in Cheltenham. However when I inspected his marriage certificate I found that he and his father were both correctly named Murrell. So I am now trying to track back this Murrell connection. I think Charles Murrell a brick maker who was John's father was fathered by Thomas Murrell and Susanna. Do you have any connection?

Tony Morrell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 8:30AM GMT
Hi. I am researching my family who originate from Gloucestershire and were there as far back as I have been able to investigate so far. My family name is Morrell but in looking at My GGGrandfather's wedding certificate his name and his father Charles's names are shown as Murrell. John was born in 1827 and lived in Cheltenham. He was a shoemaker. His father Charles was a brick-maker. I think Charles's parents were almost certainly Thomas Murrell and Susanna Herrey who married in 1799 in Hempstead, Gloucestershire. Could they be related to you and you therefor to my line?

Tony Morrell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 8:30AM GMT
Hi. I am researching my family who originate from Gloucestershire and were there as far back as I have been able to investigate so far. My family name is Morrell but in looking at My GGGrandfather's wedding certificate his name and his father Charles's names are shown as Murrell. John was born in 1827 and lived in Cheltenham. He was a shoemaker. His father Charles was a brick-maker. I think Charles's parents were almost certainly Thomas Murrell and Susanna Herrey who married in 1799 in Hempstead, Gloucestershire. Could they be related to you and you therefor to my line?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions