Search for content in message boards

WEBSTER children - Maple Grove Cemetery, Thompson, OH

WEBSTER children - Maple Grove Cemetery, Thompson, OH

Posted: 10 Dec 2004 4:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEBSTER, GAINES
The following Webster children are buried in Maple Grove Cemetery, Thompson, Geauga, Ohio in Section 66, Lot 4:

Grave 3 George J. 11/9/1916
Grave 3 Wilda Webster 10/14/1918
Grave 4 Willis Webster 9/4/1925
Grave 5 Infant of Willis Webster 9/30/1926
Grave 7 M.A. Webster Child 9/5/1905
(Source: Thompson OH cemetery sexton)

I'm trying to identify the parents of these children and, if possible, dates of birth and death. The lot was owned by George W. WEBSTER. He and his wife, Vietta GAINES are buried there. The children are most likely their grandchildren; offspring of either Willis W. or Miles O. WEBSTER.

I found an obituary for Wilda and she was the daughter of Willis, as is the unnamed infant (who was proably stillborn).

George J. WIlda, Willis, and the infant died in Lake County, Ohio. M.A. WEBSTER may have died in either Lake or Geauga County.

There may be obituaries or death notices published in the Painesville Telegraph or possibly a Geauga County paper.

Any lookups or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: WEBSTER children - Maple Grove Cemetery, Thompson, OH

Posted: 12 Dec 2004 2:49PM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2004 10:48AM GMT
Surnames: WEBSTER
Richard,
George and Vietta can be found on page 1262 of "History and Genealogy of Gov. John Webster Family of CT." The book is online at NE Hist. and Genealogical Society, and can be seen at major libraries. I do not own the boook, but if you have software that can read jpeg images, I can email you a copy of the page.
Bud Webster

Re: WEBSTER children - Maple Grove Cemetery, Thompson, OH

Posted: 12 Dec 2004 4:12PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I would greatly appreciate a copy of the page.

rick@mojoreisen.com

Re: WEBSTER children - Maple Grove Cemetery, Thompson, Ohio

Posted: 18 Dec 2004 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2004 11:29PM GMT
I received copies of three of the death certificates from the Ohio Historical Society, which identified the following:

George James WEBSTER, 9 Sep 1915 - 7 Nov 1916 (born in Thompson, Geauga, Ohio, died in Painesville, Lake, Ohio)

Willis WEBSTER, 31 Aug 1925 - 3 Sep 1925 (born and died in Painesville, Lake, Ohio)

Infant daughter WEBSTER, 27 Sep 1926 - 29 Sep 1926 (born and died in Painesville, Lake, Ohio)

All were the children of WIllis WEBSTER and Mabel FLEMING.

I had previously identified Wilda WEBSTER from her obituary in the Painesville Telegraph as the child of Willis and Mabel, born about June 1917 in Painesville and died 18 Sep 1918 in Painesville. Cemetery records show Wilda buried on 10 Oct 1918 but the obituary indicates she was buried 20 Sep 1918. The later date may have been when the burial was recorded.

I'm still seeking information on M.A. WEBSTER. This child's place of birth and/or death would probably be either Lake or Geauga County, Ohio. Possible parents are Willis WEBSTER and Lille FOLSOM LOVELAND WEBSTER, Willis and Mabel FLEMING, or Mile WEBSTER and Viola TRASK. There is a remote but highly unlikely possibility that the parents could be George WEBSTER and Vietta GAINES.

Again any lookup in Lake or Geauga County newspapers of the period, or vital statistics/probate records for either county would be greatly appreciated.

Incidently, there are no headstones for any of these children. I've been to Maple Grove Cemetery on several ocasions and have photographed all the WEBSTER graves there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic