Search for content in message boards

GOOLD family in Winfarthing

GOOLD family in Winfarthing

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 6:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Mar 2013 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Goold
I was wondering if anyone else was researching or has information on the Goold family in Winfarthing and the surrounding area. They were a presence there from at least 1800 - 1900, being mainly farm workers.
I've gone back as far as 1786, when Stephen Goold was born, and I know he married a woman named Susan. However I can't seem to find any information than that, I'd like to be able to trace the family back further if I can.

Re: GOOLD family in Winfarthing

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 31 Mar 2013 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: DEYE,ROBINSON
Hello

I might be wrong with this but I found a marriage of Stephen GOULD to Susan ROBINSON at St John the Baptist Church Bressingham on 27 Dec 1814. The grooms abode was given as Palgrave, Suffolk.

Checked births and found Stephen GOULD bpt Palgrave 18 Apr 1786 parents Philip GOULD and Elizabeth DEYE.

Winfarthing is only a few miles from Bressingham and Palgrave.

RegardSu

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 10:09AM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2013 1:13PM GMT
Surnames: Goold, Gould
Hi,
That sounds like it could be him. I've got him married to a Susan, but I had no idea on the date or place. I'd only managed to find information through the census records. Where did you find the information for the marriage? I'm always reluctant to add events or people to my tree without being able to have it as a cited source.

Just to check as well, is his surname being spelled GOOLD or GOULD? Goold would be correct, but It's not unusual to find it accidentally spelled the wrong way on records.

Thanks a lot for you help, you've given me some new leads to go on!

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 11:18AM GMT
Hi

I used freereg.org.uk. I have used this site and ordered certificates and found the transcriptions from the site to be accurate and in some cases quite a bit of information.

The spelling of the surname is GOULD.

Regards
Su
per page

Find a board about a specific topic