Search for content in message boards

SMITH'S IN STANLY CO. NC

SMITH'S IN STANLY CO. NC

KAREN LAMBERT (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 5:48PM GMT
ANYONE WITH INFO. ABOUT SMITH'S IN THIS AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I HAVE TRACED MY FAMILY TREE BACK TO THE 4TH SET OF GREAT-GRANDPARENTS. SMITH THAT MARRIED A SMITH

Smiths

Terry (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 8:00PM GMT
This is a real long shot, but here goes. I have a Martha Jane "Patsy" Smith (no dates) that married John Bryant Spradley. Two known children were Rebecca Spradley b. 1838 married Zimmerman Hall, Lilly Mallissa Spradley b 1836 married William Ellison Hall. I am trying to find who Martha's parents were and also John B. Spradley's parents. Thanks!!

Smiths in n.Carolina

Posted: 18 Jan 2000 12:38PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2003 5:35PM GMT
My husband's ggggrandfather was born in South Carolina, but his older brother was born in N. Carolina.George W.Smith was born around 1800 in S. Carolina, He died in 1873 at Sidney, Ill. His older brother, Frederic Smith was born in N. Carolina,The only other info I have on them is their father's name was John Smith and there was three other brothers, David, Peter, and Andrew, and a sister Peggy who married Benjamin Akers.I do have a pertial list of descendents for them. I don't know if this is what you're looking for or not but you can let me know.

Smiths in NC

Posted: 18 Jan 2000 5:36PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2003 9:58PM GMT
What county was John Smith from in NC.
Do you have any other information on his son David
Smith. Thanks for any information you can give me
on this family.

Smith's

Posted: 18 Jan 2000 7:21PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2003 5:35PM GMT
I don't know what county John Smith was from, On David All I have is he was born in South Carolina, and died at New Albany. In. there were no dates in our records, which my husband's aunt had from her father's Bible.
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 7:42PM GMT
Thanks for the response. The David Smith
that I am researching was born in NC.

David Smith

Barry F. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 8:59AM GMT
Dee Dee
Was your David born before 1800? If so what year? I have a John Smith with a son David born in the abt. 1780 in my line.
Barry

David Smith

Posted: 20 Jan 2000 7:20PM GMT
My David Smith was born in the mid-1790's
in NC. He was in Chattooga Co., Ga. in the
1850 census. Thanks.

David Smith

Priscilla Smith Clarke (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 2:11PM GMT
There is a David Smith on the 1840 Montgomery County Census - West Side (in 1842 Stanly County, N.C.). In this census he is listed as being between the ages of 60-70 yrs. If he was born in 1880 that would have made him 60 yrs. old. Do you have any information on him? This David Smith lived near the Bryant Austin family in what was then Montgomery County and now Stanly County and I think he might be the father of grandfather of John Exum Smith my g g grandfather. John Exum Smith married the daughter of Bryant Austin, Jr., Nancy Lilly Austin.

David Smith

Barry F. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 8:17PM GMT
Pricilla
It is a possibility, but it will take some work to confirm. According to my info my David would have been born about 1771. If the one listed in your census is correct he would have been abt. 69 in 1840.
I would have to look closely at the 1800-1830 Knox Co., TN census to see if a David was there and if he was not in 1840.
I believe the Smith family moved to TN in abt 1783 after the Revolution.
E-mail me at smith1977@aol.com for more info.
Barry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions