Search for content in message boards

Thorny/Thorney BUSH baptized in 1698 in Hingham, Norfolk

Thorny/Thorney BUSH baptized in 1698 in Hingham, Norfolk

Posted: 9 May 2013 12:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2013 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Bush
I have a Thorny/Thorney BUSH (son of Francis Bush and Ann Smith) baptized in 1698 in Hingham, Norfolk, England. He was arrested in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England for stealing a Sheep. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to being deported to The British Colonies in Maryland (Baltimore Co.) on 13 Oct 1735. His death was after 1745 probably in Baltimore Co., MD. I did find a marriage for him on 24 Aug 1745 in Baltimore Co., MD, but do not know if he had been married previously in England. I suspect that he was the father of my ancestor Shadach/Shadrack Bush but have been unable to link them. I have on several occasions hired a professional researcher in England but without any significant results. Shadach/Shadrack was married in about 1766 in Baltimore Co., MD and apparently had only one child. I pretty much have all the family histories of all the American born descendants of this family. Any help out there please? Thanks!

Re: Thorny/Thorney BUSH baptized in 1698 in Hingham, Norfolk

Posted: 27 May 2013 4:48AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 27 May 2013 2:56PM GMT
LDS Family Search shows a baptism of Anne Bush, daughter of Thorney and Susan Bush, June 24th, 1734, St. John, Stanton, Suffolk. Stanton is about 9 miles from Bury St. Edmunds. This record may be worth following up.
Linda

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:41AM GMT
Thank you! Yes that is a very good clue. I might have to employ the services of a professional researcher in England again!

Posted: 27 May 2013 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 27 May 2013 3:49PM GMT
Family Search also shows a Mary Bush, baptised October 6th, 1729, at Parish of Troston, Suffolk; parents are "Thornhaugh" Bush and Susannah. Troston is about 5 miles northeast of Bury St. Edmunds and 5 and 1/2 miles from Stanton. From Hingham to Stanton is about 24 miles. Maybe Thorney's original given name is Thornhaugh?
Linda

Posted: 2 Jul 2013 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: bush
WOW! Thank You again!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions