Search for content in message boards

Godfrey/Thompson

Godfrey/Thompson

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 10:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2005 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Godfrey, Thompson
Looking for information on John Burl Godfrey, b. 7 April 1852, Early Co., Georgia, d. July 1924, Texas, Married Ella Fair Thompson in Henry Co., Alabama on 24 September 1874. John was a son of Enoch William and Mary Johnson Godfrey who moved to Henry Co., Alabama sometime between 1850 and 1860.

Re: Godfrey/Thompson

Barbara J. Fowler (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 4:34PM GMT
Seeking information on Ella Fair Thompson. I am thinking that she may be the daughter of Nelson Thompson and Georgian/various spellings Barber who m. in Henry Co, April 16, 1867. Would like inforamtion on Nelson Thompson and Georgian Barber family. Have information to share. Thanks!

Posted: 16 Mar 2002 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2005 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Godfrey, Thompson, Barber, Buie, Bruner
Barbara, I don't have any information on the Thompsons. In fact I don't have a birth or death date for Ella Fair. I have John Burl Godfrey born 7 April 1852, Early Co., Georgia, died 3 July 1924 somewhere in Texas. He is a son of Enoch William and Mary Johnson Godfrey. They moved to Henry Co. between 1850 and 1860. I have that John married Ella Fair Thompson in Henry Co. on 24 Sept. 1874.
I have the following Barber's in my records with very little information on them. Alamantha, Angiline Clemintine, Benjamin Berry, George Washington and Makey America Barber. These married into the Bruner or Buie families. If you would like what I have on these particular Barbers I will be glad to send it to you.
Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Posted: 22 Mar 2005 10:21PM GMT

Posted: 30 Sep 2006 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Bruner, Jones, Thompson, Dickens, Moore
Do you have Nelsons parents name? My ggg grandfather was Theophoulus S Thompson, wife's name was Nancy Barber, their children were Mary Ann, John, Nelson, Elizabeth, Benjamin,Telafair, and Nancy Ann.

Rick (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2006 1:11AM GMT
Since my query on Godfrey/Thompson I have discovered that Ella Fair is actually Telefair Thompson, daughter of Theopholus and Nancy A. Thompson of Gadsden Co., Florida and Henry Co., Alabama. Telefair m. John Burl Godfrey in Henry County around 1874 and moved to Texas between 1880 and 1900.
I would appreciate any info. on this family.
kingbuie@charter.net

Rick (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2006 1:12AM GMT
Since my query on Godfrey/Thompson I have discovered that Ella Fair is actually Telefair Thompson, daughter of Theopholus and Nancy A. Thompson of Gadsden Co., Florida and Henry Co., Alabama. Telefair m. John Burl Godfrey in Henry County around 1874 and moved to Texas between 1880 and 1900.
I would appreciate any info. on this family.
kingbuie@charter.net

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2006 2:17AM GMT
I emailed what I have on the Thompsons. When I have more info, I will let you know.

Laura (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2006 10:26PM GMT
Nelson E. Thompson is the son of Theophilus S. Thompson. Theophilus is the son of Nelson M. Thompson b. 6 Jun 1792 presumable in SC. He married Letitia W. Gray on 2 Sep 1819. He died 1 Oct 1859.

You mentioned Theophilus married Nancy BARBER?? What sources do you have to indicate her surname is BARBER? The reason I ask is because Theophilus' son Nelson E. married Georgiana BARBER, dau of Solomon BARBER and Nancy LYNN. Solomon is presumable the son of William BARBER and Mary Jane ASHLEY. I do not have proof as of yet. I have been trying to find Nancy's surname for quite some time.

If you would like to share more info, e-mail me privately. I have quite a bit of info on many of the branches of this family.

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2006 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: Bruner, Jones, Dickens, Thompson, Conrad
A sec cousin that has been researching the Bruner family for years is the one who gave me the information. She did alot of traveling and talking to different individuals. I will email her and find out what resource she has. my email address is lanie4484@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic