Search for content in message boards

William Eagan Rapp

William Eagan Rapp

Posted: 6 Nov 2003 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rapp
Years ago I found some old papers in an abandoned house in Tensas Parish, Louisiana( I am originally from that area) that belonged to a William Eagan Rapp. The papers indicated that Mr. Rapp was born in the Agusta area of Virginia in 1819
and moved to Franklin Parish, La in March 1843 at the age of about 24. He was a doctor. He would marry 3 times and his 1st 2 wives died. Also, there is an indication that other Rapps lived in the area. He had a brother that lived in Vicksburg, Miss. Although I am not related to Mr. Rapp, I have always been curious about him and some of his relatives back in the Agusta area may have wondered what ever happened to him.
I would also like to know more about his early life in the Agusta area. I have a great deal of information about his life in Louisiana. William Eagan Rapp died in Franklin Parish,Winnsboro, Louisiana on November 18, 1880 and is buried in the Ward/Bend Cemetery out of Winnsboro. Anyone interested feel free to E-mail me, Thank you.

Re: William Eagan Rapp

Posted: 28 Oct 2005 7:30PM GMT
Hello from Newellton, La.,
We just recently purchased land off of Hwy 4 that was in the Lynch family for years. I have traced the land back and found that it was granted from the State of La. to a W.W. Walker and on down to the Lynch families. William Eagan Rapp was a father to some of the Lynch descendants. I am very curious about the inf. that you have. My email is demfinge@bellsouth.net
I would love to hear from you.
Sincerely,
Dawn Emfinger

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 8:54PM GMT
Hi,
Iam am greatly interested in any information on William Rapp. You mentioned that you had paper work on him. Do you have any paper work on his estate. According to a 1850 federal slave census in Louisiana,William Eagan Rapp owned 2 slaves-a male and a female.

Any information that u have will be appreciated
Please email me at acjohns1@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 6:52PM GMT
My grandfather was the male slave of Dr. William E. Rapp of Franklin Parish Louisiana. Do you have any information on his slave holdings.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions