Search for content in message boards

Isham Green Harris

Isham Green Harris

Ann Harris (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 6:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Looking for decendents of Isham Green Harris, born in Franklin Tenn. 1818. Was Gov. of state from 1857-1862. Wife was Martha Travis.

Isham Green Harris

Wade Harris (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 8:04PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 2:19AM GMT
Isham Green Harris is a name in my family tree. He became the governor of Tenn and was known as the war governor because he was in office when the war for Southern Independence started. I only Have the names of his children if that would help.

Isham Green Harris

Ann Harris (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 7:01AM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 2:20AM GMT
To Wade Harris: Thank you for responding to my inquiry. Yes, I've read that Isham Green Harris was Govenor during the Civil War. The names of his children (with dates of birth and death, if you have them) would be helpful. My research shows no grandchildren.

Isham Harris

Tanya Madison (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 9:52PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 2:22AM GMT
I am suppose to be a great great great granddaughter of Isham Harris. The only problem is that my great great grandfather, whose name is Thomas Harris, is possibly an illegitimate son. Rumor has it that it might be with a Cherokee Indian slave. I don't know if this is true or not but I do know that Thomas Harris was my g-g grandfather and he married a woman of Cherokee descent named Jane Linsey. They were from Dickson, Tennessee area and was married there. If any one has information please contact me.
Thank-you

Isham Green Harris

Ann Harris (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 5:07PM GMT
Response to Tanya Madison. Thomas Harris would probably be an illegitimate son since the research shows me only 2 male offspring of IGH one dying by age 10 and the other at 36. So far I havent found any legit. grandkids, how about you? Do you know if Thomas had other children who moved to Texas? My grandfather, John LeGrande Harris is supposed to be from Texas(born 1875-1885) then moved to California.

Isham Green Harris

Ann Harris (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 12:19PM GMT
Response to Tanya Madison. Thomas Harris would probably be an illegitimate son since the research shows me only 2 male offspring of IGH one dying by age 10 and the other at 36. So far I havent found any legit. grandkids, how about you? Do you know if Thomas had other children who moved to Texas? My grandfather, John LeGrande Harris is supposed to be from Texas(born 1875-1885) then moved to California.

Isham Harris descendants

Posted: 26 Jun 2000 12:43AM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 12:47PM GMT
Ann, my great grandmother, which was Thomas
Harris daughter, was named Dollie Ann Harris.
She was born Jan. 22, 1887. She married Clyde
C. Parks, my great grandfather. I am uncertain
of the names of her brothers and sisters but
I can ask my father if he knows of their names
and I will get back to you. Thanks for responding

Isham Green Harris

Ann Harris (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2000 8:41AM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 12:20PM GMT
Tanya Madison: Are there coincidences or should I think of course your great grandmother and I are both Ann Harris? If she would have had a brother John Le Grand Harris we're on to something. Thanks for replying, you can e mail me directly at ANSART@att.net

Isham Harris Descendants

Posted: 28 Jun 2000 2:13AM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 12:48PM GMT
Ann, I talked to my parents about Dollie's brothers and sisters. My dad was raised by his grandmother Dollie after his mother died after he was born. He says he only remembers 3 siblings but that there may be more. Their names are Alice Harris, George Harris and Ledge Harris. We are all from Tennessee and my g-grandmother was from Dickson, Tennessee. Are you sure you have the middle name right? I was just thinking that I don't know my great uncle Ledge's whole name. I do have relatives in California. Do you know what part of California your g-grandfather lived. I do have the whole family tree of Isham Harris that was sent to me by another guy that I was talking to on another site. He probably is a distant cousin. It is 8 pages long but I can send it if you want.

Isham Green Harris

Ann Harris (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2000 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2012 12:26PM GMT
Tanya- John Legrand Harris, from Texas (Paris) moved to Redlands, California, then to Los Angeles about 1910-1915. My father Loris Harris was born in Redlands in 1907. Yes. I'd love to have the 8 pages. my address is 7017 Day St. Tujunga, Ca. 91042. John Legrand had a brother Robert, and maybe a sister Ruby.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic