Search for content in message boards

ABRAHAM JOHN "A.J."MINNICH and RACHEL THRASH

ABRAHAM JOHN "A.J."MINNICH and RACHEL THRASH

Mildred Dotterer (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MINNICH, MINNICK, MENIG, TROY, THRASH, DRESCH, HOUGHTON
ABRAHAM JOHN "A.J." MINNICH, son of Charles MINNICK and Nancy P. Anna TROY (her father John C. TROY), all of Sugarloaf Twp, Luzerne Co, PA. A. J. MINNICH was born 4 Nov 1835 PA, d 28 Nov 1925 PA m 31 Dec Conyngham, Conyngham Twp, Luzerne Co, PA, Rachel THRASH, dau of John THRASH (DRESCH) and Christina HUNSANGER. Rachel was b 22 Feb 1841 PA, d 19 Dec 1909 at West Hazleton, Luzerne Co, Pa. Their childen were: 1. Harvey MINNICH Jul 1857 m Martha ___. Harvey had a son Harvey MINNICH, Jr., living Weatherly,Carbon Co, Pa married Martha___, He was a butcher. 2. William Frank MINNICH b 14 Oct 1861 Hazleton, Luzerne Co, PA d 9 Jan 1941 Phillips, Price Co, Wisconsin, m Mar 1884 Phillips,PA, Alice Viola HOUGHTON, 3. Ida I. MINNICH b 2 May 1864, d 14 Sep 1865, 5. Catharine MINNICH b 1866, 6. Sarah MINNICK b bet. 1871-1872. I would like to correspond with descendants of this family. See also my postings of Charles MINNICH and posting of HINKLE and MINNICH(K)of Carbon & Luzerne Co, PA.

Harvey Minnich 1857 a butcher

Posted: 21 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MINNICH, MINNICH, MENIG, MINNICK, MINNIG, THRASH
Harvey Minnich born Jul 1857 was a butcher. His son was Harvey,Jr. who married ??? William Frank Minnick always spelled his name without a "k". Menig was a spelling often used in this line in Luzerne Co, PA and possibly elsewhere.

Re: ABRAHAM JOHN "A.J."MINNICH and RACHEL THRASH

Posted: 10 Sep 2002 2:11PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2005 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: MINNICK, GILROY
Hi Mildred,

I had reply to one of your other posting several months ago asking if you had a MINNICK/GILROY marriage, to which you replied you did not. However I have since learned that the Catherine you have listed b. 1866 is actually my ggmother Jennie. She was married to Ernest W. Gilroy 12/24/1885 in Luzerne Co.

1920 Census shows her name as C. Jennie GILROY. Her father, A.J., was living with her and her family in Philadelphia at that time. This was a few years before his death which also occurred in Philadelphia.

I am still trying to track down the parents of Ernest W. with little success. Census shows his mother b. PA, father b. England. If you have even a small sliver of info on Jennie that might help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Regards, JC

Re: ABRAHAM JOHN "A.J."MINNICH and RACHEL THRASH

Posted: 10 Sep 2002 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: MINNICH
I don't have any further information about Catherine Jennie MINNICH. However I have a contact who does not have a computer that is of your line. I will contact you direct.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic