Search for content in message boards

Watts/Waits Family

Watts/Waits Family

Watts/Waits (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2003 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Watts/ Waits, Holder, Williams, and Childress
My great great grandmother was Martha Stella Watts/Waits Holder. She was born about or around 1880-1882 in Bibb County, AL. She has a twin sister!! She died around 1944 in Bibb County, AL. She married W. Thomas "Tom" Holder about or around 18 November 1900 in Bibb County, AL. She was the daughter of John Watts/Waits and Elizabeth J. Williams. John Watts/Waits was born about or around 1838. He was the son of Wiley B. Waits (born 1804 in SC) and Hannah ? Waits (born 1805 in SC). They both died sometime after 1860 in Bibb County, AL.

Elizabeth J. Williams Watts was born 16 January 1842 and died 24 April 1910 in Bibb County, AL. She was the daughter Henry Williams (born 1815 in NC) and Nancy M. Childress (born 1822). They both died after 1870 in possibly Bibb County, AL.

Elizabeth J. Williams is buried at Mt. Carmel in West Blocton, Bibb County, AL. She is buried beside a granddaughter, Lucille Holder, a daughter of W. Thomas "Tom" Holder and Martha Stella Watts Holder.

Re: Watts/Waits Family

Glen Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2004 3:24AM GMT
Stella;

Your surname list in your inquiry indicated a family WILLIAMS in Bibb Cnty., AL.

My Great Grandfather, JAMES O. CHAPMAN, married MARY JANE WILLIAMS 28 Mar. 1847 in Bibb Cnty. Mary Jane b. Mar. 1, 1830, Bibb Cnty, one source indicates she was the daughter of WILLIAM WILLIAMS who reportedly was a long time resident of Bibb Cnty. and a well known stockman. I have, However, not been able to place Mary Jane with a Williams Family in Bibb Cnty.

Any information greatly appreciated.
glen

Posted: 10 Feb 2004 1:50AM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2004 10:06PM GMT
Hi! Do you have any relatives by the name of Oscar S. Waits? He is my Ggrandfather who was born in 1882 and died in 1954. He died in Etowah County, AL. He was married to a Kate Wheeler.

Franklin Nichols (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2004 3:28AM GMT
I really don't have any information on the Watts/Waits family. I am having a tough time myself, b/c I don't have any good leds at all with this family. Well, got to run for now.

Frankie

Posted: 13 Apr 2005 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Waits
I have some Waits from Cleburne Co. AL. Joseph C. Waits married Addellia Josephine Buttrum (Dellia) they had 11 children. I have names and spouses. Joseph was born 1857 and died 1876, Dellia was born 1856 don't have a death date.

Kelly Chiara (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2005 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2005 9:13PM GMT
Are you saying that this Joseph and Addellia Waits had 11 children by the time he was 19? Please check the dates. My Ggrandfather, Oscar Schley Waits, was born 1882. Do you have anyone in your family line by that name? I don't know if Oscar had brothers or sisters. I haven't found his parents names yet. I do have his death certificate listed as #2649, vol. 6, roll 6 but I have not seen it. Also, were your Waits Native natural Americans? I am told Oscar Waits has Native American Indian blood.

Pansy20 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2005 6:27PM GMT
What a terrible mistake I made. I'm sorry, I was going by my Family Group form and the marriage date is right above the death date so I don't have a death date only birth 1-6-1857 and marriage 2-17-1876. I do not have an Oscar at all, not meaning that there wasn't one. Thanks for helping me correct a stupid mistake.

Patsy (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2006 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: Waits, Judkins
John Waits, son of Wiley B. Waits, married Louisa Judkins about 1861. They had one son before he died in the Civil War. John Waits descendants live in Hill County, Texas.
Wiley B. Waits is my gg-grandfather.

Patsy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions