Search for content in message boards

Lehman

Lehman

Dave Pukas (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lehman, Britton, Leffler, Boyer
I'm looking to exchange info on the Lehmans and Lefflers of Pine Grove. The Brittons from Schuylkill and Upper Dauphin Cntys and the Boyers from the West End and Pine Grove.
Specifically, today I'm looking for more info on Sarah Britton? Lehman, died 3/3/1872 church St. Peter's Evan. Luth., Pine Grove. Her Husband was Jacob. Children were William, Isaac, Isabella, Sarah E., and probably more. I'm trying to prove her parents were Isaac and Maria Britton.
Posted: 6 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Lehman, Hillbish, Koch, Glore, Heffner
I have 4 books that I checked for the Brittons you mentioned. I didn't see any of them. I also checked Britten. And there was one Brittain. But came up with nothing to match yours. I am really interested in your Jacob Lehman. I have Emma E. (nee Lehman) Glore. Her father was Jeremiah Lehman. She was born Mar 1859 in Washington Twp Sch Co. and died in Pine Grove Sch. Co PA in 1943. I was wondering if you have any info on her or her father. Her mother was Elizabeth Heimbach or Miller. Conflicting info on her maiden name at this point. I have info on other Lehmans of your interested. I do have another book on Schuylkill County on order that whould be here any day. I will gladly check for your names when it arrives. Thank You>

Pine Grove

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Various
Hi,
I have a book on the cemeteries of Pine Grove. I can look up your names. I am genealogist (newbie at it) for the Pinegrove Historical Society. You may visit our site at http://www.rootsweb.com/~papghs. I have some contacts also who may be able to help. I am collecting info on any family in the Pine Grove area.
Karen

Great Grandparents

Joanne Carman (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Beighler, Bigler, Beightler, Lookenbill, Lookingbill
George Bigler/Beighler/Beightler and his wife Elizabeth Lookenbill/Lookingbill were in this county before 1805. They may have lived in Pine Grove Twp. I would like to find out something about them. According to the federal census reports both were born in Pa. They had at least 8 children; one being Tobias Beighler born June 1, 1805 Berks County,Pennsylvania. Would also like to find their place of burial. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Joanne

Lehman-Leffler

Sharman Meck Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Cindy,
Saw your Querry on Lehmans and Lefflers. Some of thoses line are intermarried in My Zimmerman Family>
I'll give you names:
Lefflers:
Alice Eva-b.1884 m Seranus Clemens
Emma Katie 1885 father Rueben
John Daniel M Gertrude Alice Zimmerman
Levi 1888-1902/son of Rueben
Lewis I /s Reuben
Lilla Ida 1882 dau of Rueben
Pauline Alice-b.1918 dau/ John Daniel
Rueben Leffler 1850-1937 m Fretta Zimmerman
Lehmans:
Amanda 1869-18772, DaNIEL e lEHMAN
aNDREW 1858-1923 M mARGARET kEESEY
Anna B m Paul Mose Zimmerman
Anna m. Lloyd Deichert
Barbara m Keith Neil Kreiser
Clara b 1862 Dau/Daniel E.
Clifford 1925-19983 / Harry Lehamn
Daniel E. 1828-1902 m. Anna Maria Zimmerman
Daniel Grant b. 1872 s/ Daniel E.
Darleen Lehman m Richard?
Emma Eliza 1860-1879 Dau/ Daniel E.
Emma Elizabeth b. 1865 dau of Daniel E.
Francis Harry 1904 S/ George Lehman
George .m Mary Elizabeth Berger
George W. mKatie Zimmerman
Harry (1899-1955)m. Eva Strausser
James M (1882-1930) s/ Deniel E.
John H 1875 s/ Daniel E.
Levi 1857 s/ Daniel E.
Morris 1867--1872 s/ Daniel E.
Paul s/ Harry Lehman
Russell L 1928-1988 s/ Harry Lehman
Samuel 1864 Daniel E.
Would you have any information on theses names?
Sharman Meck Carroll
James M

NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2002 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: BEIGHLER, BEIGHTLER, LOOKENBILL, LOOKINGBILL
PLEASE NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR ME.
STILL INTERESTED IN FINDING INFO FOR GEORGE BEIGHLER BEIGHTLER AND HIS WIFE ELIZABETH LOOKENBILL/LOOKINGBILL.
SEE PREVIOUS QUERY AND NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS.
THANK YOU,
JOANNE JOHNSON CARMAN
LIVED LICKING COUNTY, OHIO 1809
Posted: 11 Jul 2001 6:23PM GMT
I am a Lehman descendant from Martin Lehman who settled in Pinegrove about 1775. Any connection?

Re: Pine Grove

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 9:12PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2001 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: Harvey
Karen: I hope you might be able to help. I am looking for
an Isaac Harvey b. 16, Nov. 180l and d. 27 April 1875. Married Sarah Wunder b. 29, May, 1803, d. 17, July, 1854.
I would love to know where he is buried and his wife, and if
his parents were buried in Pine Grove as well; in fact, I would
love to know who they were. Can you please help? Thanks
and God bless - Anne

Leffler family of Pine Grove, PA

Posted: 22 Apr 2002 5:39AM GMT
Dave -- I noticed your message about sharing Leffler info. I am looking for descendants of John Leffler who lived in the Pine Grove area in the early 1800's. He was the son of Gottlieb Leffler. Any information would be appreciated.
Lora

Re: Great Grandparents

Posted: 14 Dec 2009 3:05AM GMT
This might be of some help.

From the History of Union Cty, Ohio on page 81, Paris Township.
Tobias Bigler came to the township in 1825. He was born in Barks (Berks?) County Penn., in 1805, of German parentage. In 1809, he emigrated to Licking Cty with his parents, and the year following they removed to Fairfield Cty, where Tobias remained until he came here. In January 1827, he married Miss Sarah Amrine, the daughter of John Amrine. He purchased 100 acres of woodland northwest of Marysville, paying for it $450. As this was cleared, he added more to it. After the decease of his wife, he was reunited in marriage with Nancy Burrows. By his first marriage he had twelve children, eight of whom are now living - Samuel, Mary A., Andrew, John, Eliza, Daniel, Harrison and James M.; by the Second he has but one child, Nelson H. Mr Bigler is still a resident of the township.

May you could look in Fairfield Cty, OH.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic