Search for content in message boards

SURNAMES

SURNAMES

Ann Decker (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOHN, BOWEN, LONG

Looking for info. on John LONG (parents unknown) married Anna Maria BOHN/BOWEN. Her parents Elizabeth ? and Ludwig BOHN. Anna Marie born May 1795 York Co., PA. Leads on either side would be helpful.

BOHN, LONG

George Clark (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOHN, LONG
John (Johan) Nicholas BOHN d. 1804 in Manchester township, York county. He married 1st Anna Maria ca. 1752. He married 2nd Anna Elisabeth ca. 1755. There were 8 children, one of whom (by the 2nd wife) was Ludwig BOHN , b. ca. 1766. Ludwig and his wife Elisabeth had 3 children, one of whom was Anna Maria BOHN, b. 18 Mar 1795, bap. 26 May 1795 at the Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church in the city of York.

There was more than one John LONG. I am not sure which was yours.
I am looking for my ancestor Peter LONG (b. 31 may 1796).

BOHN/LONG

Ann Decker (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOHN, LONG
Sorry to say that I have literally no information on either family of Bohn/Long other than that which I posted. I have had great difficulty tracing the families before (son of John) Jacob migrated with his wife, Ann ?, and 4 children to Ohio in 1829. If Jacob has brothers/sisters I have not yet discovered them.

Lugwig Bohn

Marion Bohn Sperry (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lugwig Bohn
I am in the Ludwig Bohn family. My line is Philip Bohn, son of Ludwig Bohn. In about 1818 Ludwig (Lewis) moved his family to Clark Co., Il. He had seven children and as far as I know all seven of them moved with him to Illinois. Have more information on this family . Please contact me.
Marion Bohn Sperry

Bohn

Ann Decker (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bohn
Looking forward to your information on the Bohn family.

Re: BOHN, LONG

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 6:28AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2007 4:14AM GMT
I am a GG Grand daughter of Ludwig (Lewis) Bohn. Lewis is a son of Nicholas Bohn. My generation is thru Lewis's son Philip. After Lewis Mother passed on. Lewis took his family to Illinois. Lewis was buried in Illinois. I have a great deal of information on this family. Contact me at MFSperry@verizion.net.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 3:44AM GMT
I am interested in sharing information on the Bohn Family. My line runs through Ludwig Bohn that traveled to Illinois ~ 1816.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 3:25AM GMT
Please be more specific in what you are trying to determine or share. Thanks

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 2:50PM GMT
I am descended from Johan Valentine Bohn (b 1793) of York County. His line also moved to Illinois--to Carroll County. Would be happy to compare notes

My email: loislanier at comcast dot net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions