Search for content in message boards

ELAM, LONDON

ELAM, LONDON

Barbara Wilson Dooley (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

I'm searching for the parents of Mary ELAM and Henry LONDON, who were married in Mecklenburg Co., VA, on
13 Dec 1802. They were in Rutherford Co., NC, by 1805, I think. The part of the county in which they lived later became Cleveland Co. I would appreciate any information concerning their parents or siblings.
Barbara Dooley
Cullowhee, NC
BR>Cullowhee, NC

ELAM, WALL

Billie Etling (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Mecklenburg County, VA

Do you have any intermarriages with ELAM and WALL?

Elam S. WALL, my great great grandfather, b. 1 DEc 1799 in VA, married in Mecklenburg Co., 11 Dec 1823, Lucy Tillotson, daughter of John TILLOTSON and Delphia YANCEY.

Elam named one of his sons Elam Henry Wall, and I thought perhaps I could find something more about him in case his mother, perhaps, had been an ELAM. I have been unable to find his parents who are said to have died young leaving four children: John Burwell Wall, Prudence WALL (both married and moved away) and Miles S. WALL and Elam S. WALL. The two younger sons were said to have been "bound out" as was the custom in those days, but no such record has been found to prove this.

Elam and Lucy Tillotson Wall moved to Georgia and are buried in Baldwin County, Milledgeville, GA.

ELAM, WALL, LONDON

Barbara Wilson Dooley (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
I'm sorry, Billie. I have found no ELAM-WALL connection in Mecklenburg Co. In fact, no ELAM connection at all except for the ELAM-LONDON marriage.
Barbara Dooley

Re: ELAM, WALL

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 8:40PM GMT
I have some newspaper articles on Elam Henry Wall from Milledgeville, GA. I would be more than happy to share them with you. Please feel free to contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic