Search for content in message boards

I'm a Belton from Ridgeway,SouthCarolina (Fairfield county)

Angela Belton (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2002 2:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Belton
Hello,
I'm have been reading the messages on the message board and I'm very interested in learning about my family. I have heard some about the the reunion but i am not sure about the dates or times. I have also heard that we also have some family in Cuba. To anyone with information about that the family could you plaese e-mail and will try to find out more about the family reunion.

Re: I'm a Belton from Ridgeway,SouthCarolina (Fairfield county)

Posted: 28 Aug 2002 6:13PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2002 7:05PM GMT
I'm a Belton via my grandmother. She was born to Emerson Belton in Ridgeway, SC. She just came back from Charlotte where she attended the Belton Family Reunion. I have been attending the reunion since I was a very young child. In fact, I attended the very first one that was done in someone's back yard in South Caroline. The Belton family is quite large. And I am just speaking of the "black" Belton's. I'm sure there is an entire clan of white Belton's that may be tied to the family.

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 7:28AM GMT
Surnames: Belton, Haus, House, Thomas, Bell
I am descended from the Black (Mulatto) Beltons of Charlotte Noth Carolina (Rufus Blair Belton was my great grandfather. His father was John Belton of South Carolina, I believe). I am quite curious to know where I can get a copy of the booklet for the most recent Belton Family Reunion that was held in Charlotte. I do know that my great uncle Ed Belton was honored by either the Monroe NC or Charlotte NC city council in that they named some streets and other stuff after him as he was quite active in the human/civil rights struggle in those areas. But any info on how I can get my hands on one of those reunion booklets is greatly appreciated.

Ms. Millicent Belton
Beltoncarey@aol.com

Wallicia McNeil (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2002 4:07PM GMT
My grandmother is the grand daughter of Sunni Ali Belton the slave that was brought here from Africa to Ridgeway, SC. Her father was Emerson Belton the son of Sunni. She attends the family reunion every year. She went this past summer. I will ask her if she has an extra booklet. IF she doesn't, I will copy hers and mail it to you. IF you'd like, please forward a mailing address.

Yvette (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2004 2:11AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2005 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: BELTON, BOULWARE
Hello Angela I have also attended many of the Belton family reunions. The last one attended was last year in Arlington, Va. It is quite a coincidence because both my granfather Ellison Belton who was the son of Sam Belton and Frances (Green) Belton and my granmother Lallie (Boulware) Belton were both from Ridgeway and we are trying to find out more about them if you can ask any relatives if they know any more information about the Belton's or Boulwares of Ridegeway we would appreciate it. They are both deceased now.
Thanks

Aaron Vance (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2004 1:28AM GMT
Hi,

I have been attending the family reunion for the past 20 years and my grandmother and great aunt are two of the contributing of the family reunion. Nettie, Jessie May, and Le Etta Belton. All of whom were born and raised in Ridgeway S.C. and in fact after raising their family in Washington D.C. rfeturned to Ridgeway. We spent many a summer vacation with them there.

In all that's to say we have done quite a bit of research on the family and between my cousins and other relatives we might be able to help you find out more information.

Yvette Duffus (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2004 7:08PM GMT
Hi Aaron or should I say cousin Aaron lol
It is nice to get a response from you I told my mother and my aunt that I did get a response to the site
My grandfather's name was Ellison Belton he married Lallie Boulware and he had a brother by the name of Eugene Davis his father was white but they had the same mother Frances Green, Eugene Davis married Sophranie and they had seven sons and relocated to Washington, DC and we have been desperately trying to get more information about him, My mother heard that he had a moving company by the name of Davis and sons. My grandparents had 11 children and moved from Ridgeway to Palatka Florida. I would appreciate if you could talk to your family and email me with any information that you get, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Banner, Belton, Robinson
Hello My Name Wynfred Banner From Washington DC and I was Wondering if you could help me I trying to do my Family tree and I looking for the Parents of George Belton and Allie Belton (Robinson)see My Grandfather is their Son James Belton and he had 2 daughters Dana Banner and Her Sister My Mother Bridgette Banner and James Belton borthers and sister's were Paul, Aurthur, Eunice, George, Carrie, Velvet, Rosetta and about 2 or 3 I'm kinda unsure of and I'm looking for any info I can get on that part of my family my EMail is: Wynfred_2002@Hotmail.com

Posted: 16 Jul 2007 4:19AM GMT
Hello Aaron it has been awhile since my initial post. I was wondering if you were able to find out any additonal information about my family?
thanks

Posted: 16 Jul 2007 4:27AM GMT
Hello I read your post unfortunately I am unable to assist you. I have found out alot of information by attending the large annual family reunion. It is being held in Savannah Georgia this year. Can you ask your family if they have ever heard of Davis Moving Company in DC? This is the moving company that my mother told me was owned by my grandfather's brother's children. Hopefully someone else will respond to your post who can provide more info. Someone responded to another website I am on and they wanted to find out more about their family and I encouraged them to come to reunion this year. KIT perhaps I can let you know about the one for next year or get a contact in the family that may be able to assist you. Take Care
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions