Search for content in message boards

New Zealand Horan Family

New Zealand Horan Family

Carol Pike (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 2:43AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Horan, Brady, McGrath.
John Horan who emigrated to New Zealand in 1875 from (I have been told but cannot confirm from Townland of Russellstown, County Tipperary, Parish of Sollogodmore, Barony is Clan William) age 23years. In December 1876 he married Ellen O'Brien (mothers maiden name BRADY) from County Limmerick.
They both travelled to New Zealand on the "Earl of Zetland".
Other Horans who could be related are John Horan (48yrs)
Honora Horan (nee McGrath) (40yrs) John Horan (27yrs)
Owen Horan (18yrs) father John, mother Sarah (nee McGrath)
Lawence Horan (11yrs) Ellen Horan (20) Margaret (16yrs)
Bridget (14yrs) They arrived on the "Asia" 27th April 1874..

Re: New Zealand Horan Family

Barbara Swain (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2002 3:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: horan,Schleter(Schlueter) Manser
Hi Carol, I dont know if there is any connection to my Horan family, but I have hit so many brick walls, that I have to try this one, my mothers mother was Catherine Horan married a Gustav Edmund Schleter in South Australia, Her parents were John Horan and Johanna Mulley(not sure if it is Mullaly) in Mount Gambier South Australia, his father was Thomas this the only info I have on this family, I know that my mothers mother was Irish. but dont know where Johanna and John were born. I know they married in 1868. So if you there could be a connection to your Horans, I would like to hear from you, as I have so little to go on. Barbara now in West Australia.

Re: New Zealand Horan Family

Posted: 3 Mar 2014 1:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, i am also looking for a Owen Horan who married Honoria nee? they married 1916 Christchurch NZ.Trying to find any info on him eg whether he was born NZ or immigrated here, or his parents.If anyone has any connections be great if you could post. thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions