Search for content in message boards

LeCroy marriages in Marshall County Alabama

LeCroy marriages in Marshall County Alabama

Posted: 23 Jul 2006 2:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lecroy, Tidwell, Woods, Nailer, Lester, Pool, Boshart, Chrisman, Johnson, Giles, Smith, Lucas, and Reno
I found several LeCroy marriages on the microfilm that I don't recognize. Could someone please tell me who these folks are and how they are related to James Benjamin (or Berry, Sr.) LeCroy?

Dewey LeCroy/Effie Lester 10-27-1918

Grady Cecil LeCroy/Lodell Nailer 10-29-1932 (There is a letter from J. T. LeCroy to the Judge of Probate. It says "Oct 29, 1932, Mr. Sallo???, Just go a head and fixe them up it be all wright with me. [signed] J. T. LeCroy")

J. T. Lecroy also signed the bond with James B. LeCroy when he and Elizabeth Pool married 01-04-1872

John G. LeCroy/Minerva A. Boshart 01-23-1871

Martin L. Lecroy/Vinnie Chrisman 07-20-1913

Ollis F. Lecroy/Rhoda Johnson 12-22-1906

Samuel Lecroy/Emma Elizabeth Giles 10-4-1885

Sylvester H. Lecroy/Flora Lee Smith 03-24-1931

William Lecroy/Janie Lucas 03-29-1906

William C. Lecroy/Dollie Reno 10-29-1921

William T. Lecroy/Alma Tidwell 01-8-1927

There were also some that I thought might still be living, so I won't post them. But I would like to know how they fit in to the line. James T. Lecroy and Teadie or Teddy Ann Woods are the parents of these fellas. Who are they? Can someone help me sort all these guys out?????

Thanks,
Serena

Re: LeCroy marriages in Marshall County Alabama

Posted: 6 Aug 2006 3:23AM GMT
James Thomas Lecroy and Teddie Ann Woods were my grandparents. Their children were Grady Cecil, Gracie Jewett, Opal Geneva, Hollis, Earlene, Phocian Bigfoof, Charles Rudolph (Dock), Dorothy, Thomas (Ray), Joanne, and Ralph Jerry. Grady was my dad. Theres a Barry Lecroy buried in Claysville, across the river from Guntersville, I think it's Johnson cementery. I can go back and find it again.. E-mail me at bryant4887@bellsouth.net.

Posted: 1 May 2007 1:26AM GMT
Serena, the James Thomas Lecroy that was my grandfather was't born until 1888. So this is a different J.T. Lecroy.

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 1:32AM GMT
Surnames: LeCroy, Tidwell
I'm not sure if you still need the info but...

William T LeCroy and Alma Tidwell were my grandparents.
William was the son of James Berry St & Elizabeth L Pool.

Posted: 9 Jun 2007 4:20PM GMT
I forgot to add:
William Lecroy/Janie Lucas 03-29-1906
This again is my grandfather. Janie was his first wife her full name is: Mllie Jane Lucus

I don't know about Dollie Reno but I have 2 children of James Berry Sr & Elizabeth Pool that married into the Reno family.

Posted: 9 Jun 2007 7:33PM GMT
Dollie Reno married a Clarence LeCroy. Their daughter Mildred Hunt may have info on the Reno side.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions