Search for content in message boards

Shadrack Ruark

Shadrack Ruark

Lester Ruark ruark58@aol.com (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ruark, Goodrich
I am trying to attach Erastus Ruark to Shadrack Ruark married to Rebeckah, born in Ohio abt. 1804.There is a Shadrack married to Rebecca having babies in Ohio, but the
last child listed was Reason born 1797. This Shadrack was in Lawrence Co. Illinois in the 1820's and Erastas was married in Lawrence Co. in 1827.

If anyone can help me tie Erastus to Shadrack I would be very greatful. I also have info on my line which was mainly in Schuyler Co, IL, and Peoria IL.

I am also tracking the Goodrich name located in Peoria IL
area from 1840 on. Gr-Grand was Rufus Cheny Goodrich.

Re: Shadrack Ruark

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 2:18AM GMT

I have attempted to copy verbatim the words written in the Family Records section of Erastus and Sidney’s family Bible, thus Erastus and Sidney was married, Nancy An daughter of E and S are not my shorthand or dropping a letter- this is what was written.
If you would like to try your hand at some of the spelling/handwriting I am very willing to email digital photos of the entries.
contact saabr2k@aol.com

Marriages

Erastus Ruark and Sidney Martin was joined in the holy state of matrimony in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and twenty seven June the twentieth

Phillip C. Skiles and Nancy An Ruark was joined together in the holy state of matrimony in the year of our Lord 1849 December 23

Arthur McHenry Ruark and Rhoda Thornton was married July the 22 in the year 1852

next entry can’t be read except “1856”

Jacob Thornton and Mary Lm. Ruark was married June the 20 - 185_

Andrew Jackson Ruark son of E and S Ruark and Mares(?) M. Middleton was married June first 1862

Lewis Erastus Ruark and Edie Garrison was married August third 1872

A.J. Ruark and Samantha J. Morrell was married Nov 27th 1875

Births

Erastus Ruark son of John C(?) and Mary Ruark was born in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and five March the thirty first

Sidney daughter of Robert and Sidney Martin was born May the fourteenth in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and eight

William Adison son of Erastus and Sidney Ruark was born Jany(?) the tenth eighteen hundred twenty eight

Abury June (?) Daughter of E and S Ruark was born February the tenth eighteen hundred twenty nine

John (Charles?) (Cooper?) son of E and S Ruark was born September the sixteenth eighteen hundred thirty

Nancy Ann daughter of E and S Ruark was born May the tenth in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred thirty two

Arthur McHenry son of E and S Ruark was born March the seventeenth eighteen and thirty four

Barethia Diadama (??) Daughter of E and S Ruark was born January the fifteenth eighteen hundred thirty six

Francis Marion son of E and S Ruark was born November the twelfth eighteen hundred and thirty seven

Fanny Martin daughter of E and S Ruark was born December the sixth eighteen hundred and thirty eight

Andrew Jackson Ruark son of E and S Ruark was born october the thirty first in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and forty two

Robert Martin son of E and S Ruark was born January the seventh in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and forty five 1845

bottom third of left side of page missing

Lewis Erastus Ruark son of E and S Ruark was born July the 18 eighteen hundred and forty seven

Loisa Loretta Ruark daughter of E and S Ruark was born February 27 in the year of our Lord 1850 (?)
bottom of the right side page missing

Deaths

Francis Marion son of E and S Ruark departed this life February the twenty eighth eighteen hundred and thirty eight

Barethia Diadama daughter of E and S Ruark departed this life eighteen hundred thirty eight June the 26

John (Cauper?) Ruark son of E and S Ruark rest of this side of the page is gone

James Martin Died Sept 26 1868 aged 65-3-9

Elizibeth Martin July 6th 1875 aged 66-8-6

Nancy An Skiles died Feb fifth 1877 aged 44-7-26

Erastus Ruark - last entry no further writting, page missing 1 inch below his name

LESTER RUARK (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2003 12:34AM GMT
Thank you for all the information on Erastus and Sidney. I'm wondering how you got your hands on the bible and are you a relative?

Posted: 11 Feb 2003 1:57AM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 2:18AM GMT
I inherited the Erastus & Sidney Bible. My great grandfather William E. Ruark, born 1874, was a son of Louis E. Ruark, born 1847, who was a son of Ersastus & Sidney.
Erastus & Sidney list their own births in the Bible and Erastus lists John C. Ruark as his father. I'm trying to find John C.
If I can assist your search my email is saabr2k@aol.com

Lester Ruark (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2003 12:26AM GMT
Isn't John C a son of Shadrack? My great grand father was Robert Martin Ruark born just before Louis E.

John C vs Shadrack

Posted: 12 Feb 2003 4:04AM GMT
Is John C a son of Shadrack? If so, thank you for your information, What else can you tell me about Ruarks from John C. on back. I'm new at this and am working back from a family Bible & a website.
"Robert Martin Ruark son of E and S Ruark was born January the seventh in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and forty five 1845" verbatim from Erastus and Sidney's Bible.

Re: John C vs Shadrack

Lester Ruark (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2003 1:14AM GMT
Shadrack and Rebecca's children: 1 Reason Ruark born 1779 in Ohio 2 Hannah (Nancy) Ruark 3 Elizabeth (Betsy) born 1778 died before 1870 M. James Rawlings Richland Co ILL 4 James Ruark 5 John Ruark 6 Arthur Ruark 7 Shadrack Ruark born 1792 8 Joseph Ruark. John doen't show an initial, but if we can prove this connection, we can trace back to the Ruarks in 1703.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions