Search for content in message boards

Guardian Angel Orphanage, Peoria, IL

Guardian Angel Orphanage, Peoria, IL

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would anyone know who would hold the records for Guardian Angel Orphanage? My Grandma was adopted from Guardian Angel Orphanage, Peoria, IL. We think her last name prior to adoption was Huseman because her church records have "Huseman" in quotation marks. Please let me know if you any ideas of the direction I should look in.

Holy Cross Church in Champaign records indicate: LOUISE MARIE "HUSEMAN" WAGNER born 8 March 1924, baptized 30 March 1924 at Guardian Angel Chapel, Peoria IL; confirmed on 22 May 1934 at Holy Cross, married PAUL T. CONNORS on 8 May 1945 at Holy Cross. Her name was changed to MARY LOUISE WAGNER at adoption.

Re: Guardian Angel Orphanage, Peoria, IL

Posted: 22 Apr 2008 5:25AM GMT
You can get any information from the Archdiocese of Chicago at http://www.archdiocese-chgo.org/index.shtm

They may be able to give you the conact info for Archdiocese of Peoria.

Contact person:Jtreanor@archchicago.org....Julies Boss - Vice Chancellor

Good Luck

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2009 9:55PM GMT
Hi,
I'm also trying to locate birth records from the Guardian Angel Orpphange in Peoria Il. I read your post and was wondering if you had any luck locating the documents?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted: 21 Apr 2011 8:26AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2011 8:28AM GMT
I also spent some time there. It is run by the catholic diocese of Peoria so I would start by checking there. If you go to http://namethispeorialandmark.blogpeoria.com/category/west-p... and scroll through there is a piece on it that might be helpful.

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 4:45PM GMT
I am also searching for where the adoption records were sent after the Guardian Angel Orphanage closed down. My father-in-law was adopted from GAO as an infant in November of 1945. Any information you can provide to assist me would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 4:53AM GMT
Hi my name is Amanda and I also have a grandmother who I believe was from the guardian Angel orphanage. Although she has passed even before I was born I am now doing our family history. I am told she ran away from the orphanage. She was with her sisters and brothers. Her name is Katherine Tuschen. I really would appreciate any info you have. Thank you so much. this means the world to me.

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Daley Burke
My father was in the Guardian Angel Orphanage in Peoria sometime between 1928 and 1932. I would love to have more information. I do know his birth name was Michael Daley but when he was adopted his new parents changed it to Robert Phillip Burke. Any records?

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 5:10PM GMT
I need help toooo any luck my sister n law is looking for her birth mother Alice Marie Johnson she was born in 1957 any advice!?!? Thanks!!! Tracy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions