Search for content in message boards

Cemetery where a Stobert was buried

Cemetery where a Stobert was buried

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2005 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: Stobert, Anthony, Keister, Kiester
I am looking for the Pine Hills Cemetery of Venango County, PA. I have a copy of William Franklin Stobert's obituary which states he is buried at the Pine Hills Cemetery in August 07, 1906. Could someone please tell me the location of this cemetery? Who could I get in contact with to see if he has a marker there? Thank you!!

Pine Hill Cemetery

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
This cemetery is located in Rockland Township. See more information at http://www.rootsweb.com/~pavenang/index2.htm

Pine Hill Cemetery

Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2003 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: Stobert
Go to TWPS and click on maps, then Ven co Township maps, then Rockland. The Pine Hill Cemetery is located on the road between Smith's Corners and Coal Hill.

Pne Hill Cenetery / Stobart Burial

Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Stobart
Hello Kathleen,
According to "Venango County Pa., Cemetery Records & Early Church Histories" Pine Hill Cemetery is kinda out in the middle of nowhere, approx. 4-5 miles from Cranberry in Rockland Twp., Venango cty.

I checked the listing of burials there and there is no Stobarts listed, however there appears to be at least 100 missing stones or unmarked graves (according to my source).

Hope this helps...Mike Gordon

The "other" Pine Hill Cem.

Sylvia M. Coast (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: STOBERT
Mr. Stobert is buried at the Pine Hill Cemetery in Pinegrove Township, Venango Co. I have sent the information directly to you.
Sylvia

Re: Pne Hill Cenetery / Stobart Burial

Posted: 29 May 2002 6:50AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2003 2:22PM GMT
There are two Pine Hill Cemeteries in Venango Co. but the names are not in the other cemetery either.

Posted: 29 May 2002 11:08AM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Stobert, Stobart, Anthony
Thank you. I guess I'm out of luck. The death certificate says he was born in Venango County in 1873. I'll have to come up there and do some research on that name. Is there a historical society in Oil City? Would that be the best in Venango County to do any research?

Posted: 29 May 2002 2:30PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2003 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: Dunkle, Dunkel, Miller, McFarland, Bickle, Bickel
Yes there is a Penna. Heritage Room in the Oil City Library. It is on the second floor but it is only open on Tues and Sat from 1:00 till 5:00 unless you contact them and request a member to set up a time with you.
There is a historical society in Franklin seperate from the library and a penna. room in the basement of the library that is open five days a week but you will have to check with them on days and hours.
The Oil Ciry room is where I have found my best luck in obtaining info.
G'Day,
Ernie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions