Search for content in message boards

Heifner, Sharp, Martin, Lowe, Addison

Heifner, Sharp, Martin, Lowe, Addison

Posted: 23 Dec 2003 5:23AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Heifner, Sharp, Martin, Lowe, Addison
This book has no cover, and no index, and no author. I bought it on Ebay; it just has the insides, but it is full of Indiana biographies. I am not researching this family, just thought I would share. I do not know anymore about these families or these surnames. NOTE: I don’t know if there is any additional mention of this family in the book, it has no index. I do not want to sell this book. I am typing the biographies from it.

Typed by Lora Radiches:

Other surnames mentioned in the biography of RALPH L. HEIFNER are, Heifner, Sharp, Martin, Lowe, Addison,

RALPH L. HEIFNER, principal of the high school and superintendent of the city schools at Gaston, has in his experience demonstrated unusual qualifications as a schoolman, and the community of Gaston in particular has high praise for him as an administrator and in his success in building a constructive program there. Mr. Heifner was born at Manilla, Indiana, January 8, 1905, son of James A. and Leslie (Sharp) Heifner and grandson of John Heifner. His grandfather came to Indiana from Texas, settling in Rush County. He was a Union soldier at the time of the Civil war and his occupation was farming. He is buried at Manilla and his widow is still living at the old homestead. James A. Heifner was born and reared at Manilla, attended public schools in Rush County and is still active as a farmer. He and his wife now reside near Charlottesville and both are interested in the work of the Christian Church there. Leslie Sharp was born and reared in Rush County and was educated in local schools. They have two Sons, both of whom are educators. Edwin B. Heifner, connected with the public schools of Mishawaka, Indiana, married Mary Edith Martin, of Greenfield. Ralph L. Heifner attended public schools in Rush County, graduating from the Charlottesville High School in 1923. In the intervals of his work as a teacher he attended the Ball State Teachers College at Muncie, from which he received the Bachelor of Science degree in 1928. He has also taken special graduate work at the University of Minnesota. Mr. Heifner became connected with the Gaston High School in 1926 and has been principal since 1928, in addition to which he also has responsibility of superintendent of the public schools there. He is a member of the Indiana State Teachers Association, the Delaware County Teachers Association and the National Education Association. Mr. Heifner is a member of the Navajo Club, is affiliated with Matthews Lodge No. 641, A. F. and A. M. He votes independently, is a member of the Christian Church, and in the absence of a church of that denomination at Gaston teaches a class of young men in the Methodist Sunday School. He married at Indianapolis, July 23, 1924, Miss Florence E. Lowe, daughter of Roy and Golda (Addison) Lowe. Her parents live on a farm near Charlottesville, Indiana, and both are earnest members of the Christian Church there. Her father is affiliated with the Fraternal Order of Eagles. They have two daughters, Mrs. Heifner and Genevieve, the latter of whom is a trained nurse at the Methodist Hospital at Indianapolis. Mrs. Heifner graduated from the Charlottesville High School in 1923 and spent one year in Butler University. She is a member of the Woman’s Club and the Eastern Star Chapter. Mr. and Mrs. Heifner have two children, Keith Duane and Rosella Jean.

Re: Heifner, Sharp, Martin, Lowe, Addison

Katrina Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2005 1:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for typing this and posting the info. I am related to this family. Lestie Sharpe is the sister of my great-grandfather, Blount Sharpe.

Other surnames I would be interested in is: Cole, Cooper, Hill, McDaniel, Sharpe, Binford, Jessup, Stafford

Thanks for all you do. I appreciate how much time you take to post to help others. Katrina Cole Cooper

Posted: 15 Jul 2006 11:50PM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Miles, Shoptaw, Cooper, Siefert
I'm also looking for Cooper. My great grandfather was from Shelby, Rush, or Franklin Counties. His name was Frank Cooper (1870-1929) His father was Hiram Cooper. Siblings were Ephraim, James, and Prudence.

Katrina Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2006 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Cooper
My Coopers are from Madison to Rush and Hancock counties and before that Yadkin and Iredell county in NC. No matches to the names you listed. Good luck in your search.

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 7:26PM GMT
Thank You for the iformation regarding these families. I believe Edwin Blount Heifner is my father, Lestie Sharpe is my paternal grandmother. I would be very interested in learning more about these families if possible.

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 8:11PM GMT
Hello,

I have quite a lot of information on the Sharpe family. From your other post, I see you are looking for Patsy Stephenson. I know her personally. She too works on genealogy. She has shared old photos with me.

My great grandfather was the brother of Lestie - Blount Sharpe from Arlington, Rush County, Indiana.

Feel free to contact me via e-mail at
cooperfamily01@yahoo.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Katrina Cole Cooper - daughter of Evelyn Hill and Richard Cole, g-daughter of Mary Luella Sharpe and Ralph Hill, gg-g-daughter of Essie McDaniel and Blount Sharpe.

Posted: 10 Mar 2009 5:28PM GMT
hello, am related to the Lowe's and Addison's. Would appreciate any other info on them you have.
thanks,
Marcia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions