Search for content in message boards

Lobianco

Lobianco

Joy Gable (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lobianco
I am searching for relatives of Francesco Lobianco who came to this country in the late 1800's to early 1900's. He came here from Cattolica Eraclea, Sicily. We don't know how or exactly where but he lived in New York city for some time before coming to York, PA. His children are Pasquale,Nuncia,Pietro, Josephine,Joesph,Catherine.He had two wives. Any help would be appreciated and we would gladly share what little we have.

LoBianco

Patrick Paquet (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lobianco, Bonanno, Colca, Pulglisi
I am a college student looking for information on my family history, i don't know if this is of any help, but My great-great grandfather was Vincent Lobianco and he married josphine ? they had a son John who married Bernadette Colca who had a daughter named Francis LoBianco who married my grand father micheal Bonanno and had My mother Donnna Marie, my uncles John, Vincent, Joseph, Micheal and Robert, and then my Grnad father and Grandmother got divorce and He, my grandfather, Micheal married my step-grandmother joeann and then had my Aunts Rose and michelle, they are twins, and my unle tony. I hope some of the previous information may be of use, If you may have any that you can provide it would be much appreciated,
Thank you,
Sicerely,
Patrick Paquet
P.S.
Good luck on your search

Re: Lobianco

Kathy Spagnola (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2002 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: Spagnola, LoBianco, Salvaggio, Accardo,Scalia
Hello ! I am also from York, PA. My husband's grandmother was Concettina LoBianco married to Liborio Spagnola. they both came here from Cattolica. Their children are Tony, Jimmie, Nick, Mary and Sanda. If you can connect to Concettina LoBianco let me know. I have just started doing the Spagnola family after doing extensive research on my own irish roots.
Thanks, Kathy

Lou Gable (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2002 12:42PM GMT
Hi Kathy,
None of the names that you listed are familiar, I would find it hard to belive with the name Lobianco from the same town in Scily COULD NOT BE RELATED. To get info out of their is almost impossible. Last year I paid $50 to have a professional do research for me. I only found out that my grandfathers name was Vittolario. I don't know if this will help you with your research, but my grandmothers name was Pauline Piro. If I can be of any further help, please e-mail me. If you wish I would be happy to share the little bit of info I have with you.
Lou Gable

Lou & Joy Gable (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2002 2:18PM GMT
Surnames: LoBianco, Gable
Looked for more info on your relative. At the Ellis Island web site we found a Concetta LoBiabco who came from Cattolica, Sicily on December 5, 1913. She was 20 years old and married. Her ship was the Ivernia. She sailed from the port of Palermo, Sicily. She was sponsered by her brother-in-law Antonio Spagnola who lived at 112 Prince St. York, PA. She was of fair complexion, had brown hair, brown eyes, and a scar on her forehead. Maybe this is one of your relatives?
Hope this helps.
Lou and Joy Gable
York, PA

Posted: 14 Nov 2002 9:57PM GMT
My grandfather, Francesco (Frank) had a sister named Concettina that married a Spagnola and lived York, Pa. It is my understanding that his other sister, Maddalena married a Spagnola also. My Grandmother's sister, Lily Manganaro
married a Spagnola too.

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2002 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: LoBianco, Spagnola, Accardo, Scalia
Dear John- Yes ! We are from the same family ! Just yesterday I sat down with one of my husband's cousins Andrew Mingora, son of Mary Spagnola, Daughter of Concettina LoBianco Spagnola ! Andrew knows ALL the family history but has never written it down. I have done a family history on my own family Mc Monagle/Mc Cabe which includes a family history recorded in Family Tree Maker and I've also scanned in the computer hundreds of photographs.
That is why I met with Andrew, he identified people in old photographs the Spagnola's had. Just as I sat down today I was about to scan in the photos of Maddalena, Tony, Raymond Spagnola etc...which Andrew identified and then lo and behold I got youre-mail !

I live in York, my husband is Nick, son of Nick, son of Liborio & Concettina LoBiancoSpagnola.

Do you have your family history on the computer ? If you would like to perhaps we can share the information we have.
Thansk, Kathy Spagnola

Re: LoBianco/Spagnola

John LoBianco Jr (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2002 11:02PM GMT
Hi Kathy,
I am very interested in exchanging information with you.
I have only recently started gathering names,etc.
My grandfather was Francesco (Frank) LoBianco,
Concettina and Maddalenas' brother. Just one of nine brothers and sisters.

I don't have any software for the family tree yet.
I am the first son of
John LoBianco Sr. son of Frank LoBianco

My grandfather would take me to York when I was very young.

I look forward to corresponding,
Many Thanks, John jlbjr@cox.net

Re: LoBianco

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 12:55AM GMT
It would be helpful if you listed the locations where they were from and then where they lived later.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions