Search for content in message boards

Thurles, Co. Tiperrary, John J. Ryan and Cathrine Vicars

Thurles, Co. Tiperrary, John J. Ryan and Cathrine Vicars

Posted: 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 May 2004 2:45PM GMT
Surnames: Ryan, Vicars, Kennedy, Howard
I am looking for information on Denis Ryan b. 30 April 1862 and Cathrine Vicars b. 19 November 1858 both thought to have been born in Thurles, County Tipperary.

I was told they emegrated to the USA and they married there.

Denis's parents were John J. Ryan and Johanna Howard, whose children were John, Maria, Lawrence and Denis(my ggrandfather).

Cathrine Vicars' parents were James Vicars and Mary Kennedy.

Denis and Cathrine had five children: John b. 4 June 1886, James b. , Johanna b. 26 November 1890, Lawrence Patrick b. 7 March 1893, and Mary Ellen b. 15 February 1897. First four were born in Arnold Hill, Clinton County, NY USA.

Any info on any of these people would be great.

Ann Messier at ammessier@cs.com

Re: Thurles, Co. Tiperrary, John J. Ryan and Cathrine Vicars

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 2:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vicars Vickers Kirwan Ryan
It's possible that your Ryans and Vicars are from Lackakera, Latteragh, Co. Tipperary. I have an Elizabeth Vicars in my line that was born abt. 1805. I have determined that she was probably from the Lackakera area as that seemed to be the only area that the name Vicars or Vickers can be found in Tipperary. She married a Thomas Kirwan abt. 1837 and I found one of the children's baptism records in Templederry which is nearby. On the Griffith's Eval, Thomas Kirwan is listed in Lackakera, Latteragh in 1850. THey emigrated to Newburgh NY in 1853. We were always told they were from the Thurles area which is nearby also. There is also a James Vickers in Lackakera on the Griffiths Eval. A good portion of the Irish Catholics in Newburgh at the time came from Tipperary and there were a few Ryan families. I would look in that area if I were you.
Robin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic