Search for content in message boards

Lamb/Lambe family

Lamb/Lambe family

John Lamb (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lambe, Lamb
Trying to trace information on Lamb family which may have come from Scotland via Ireland using original spelling of Lambe. Early members, Thomas or Peter traced to eastern NC. Possibly connected with land grant from George V. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Lamb

Arnold Cooper Lamb (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lamb

It seems that we are looking for the same Lamb(e) family line. Below, I have listed my original posting and hope that the information will be of some value to you. If you have any information that could fill in any of the blanks that I have, I would appreciate the information very much.

I have researched my genealogy as far back as William Lamb (born: approx. 1752, married: 2/15/1777, died: 1807 in New Hanover County, NC) he married Abigail David. William and Abigail had several children one of which was John Deloit Lamb (died: 1844 in Sampson County, NC).

John Deloit Lamb married Elizabeth Henry and they had several children one of which was James Henry Lamb (born: 12-18-1808 in New Hanover County, NC, died: 11-19-1889 in Sampson County, NC, married to Nancy Clark Underwood, both James and Nancy are buried in the Lamb Cemetery on Colin Lamb's estate, located on RT. 1 Garland, NC).

I am interested in finding information on William Lamb's ancestors and filling in the gaps for his descendents.

I found a reference to Peter Lamb on a New Hanover County deed, dated 1-28-1744 for 130 acres of land at Long Creek. Peter's property was deeded by Thomas Lamb (probably his eldest son) on 2-15-1775 in equal lots to Gibbs Lamb, Robert Lamb, William Lamb and John Stackly (probably son in law of Peter). I think Peter was William's father or possibly Thomas's father, and maybe Thomas was William's father.

The earliest record I can find of a Lamb in New Hanover County was a land grant from King George II to Captain John Lamb in 1736 (June 16) for 350 acres on the east side of Black River, which runs from the present day Sampson County (once New Haven) almost all the way to Wilmington.

I would appreciate any information that anyone can provide me.

I can be reached via e-mail at Lamba@ttnus.com.

Possible connection

Lori (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
My grandfather was born in Scotland in 1915. His name was Thomas T. Lamb. My father is Thomas and my unlce is Robert. I am just rearching this, but I remeber reading something when my grandfather passed with names, and the men preceeding him were Thomas' and Roberts'. I know that my grandfathers father was in the military of sorts, but I am not sure what. He had one sister, Sara, and one brother that passed before they came to the US. Any information that you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

LAMB

Posted: 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
John,

Based on my earlier response to you, please let me know if we are looking for the same family line. I would greatly appreciate any additional information that you might be able to provide.

Regards,
Cooper

Lamb

Posted: 1 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Have you been able to find the connection between our Lambs. If you have found additional information or if you can point me in the right diretion, I would appreciate your assistance.

Regard,

A. Cooper Lamb CooperLamb@aol.com

Lambe

Paul Lambe (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lambe
I am looking for Samuel Lambe, & son George Lambe, believed to have returned to Ireland, around Dublin, between 1830-1890 from Newfoundland.

Lambe Family Tree

Melinda Brewster (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lambe
Looking for any info on Patrick Lambe or his sons Thomas born 3 August 1850, or George born unknown. We know Thomas travelled to Australia and arrived in 1871. Married Eliza Catherine born 10.September 1852 (she came from Cornwall) on 14 April 1874.
If anyone can shed any light we would greatly appreciated it.

M. Lambe & Sons, Tea Dealers & Grocers

Ken Ploeser (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Hi, I have a coin that I'm trying to ID.
The coin has these words on it.
M. Lambe & Son Tea -- Dealers & Grocers, Bath
India House and 1794
Somersetshire : Bath
It is described as "East India House" Half Penny

Is any of this is familiar?
Thanks Ken Ploeser
Salem, Oregon

Re: Lambe

Posted: 19 Nov 2001 5:14AM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2002 12:56AM GMT
I don't know if we are searching for the same, but I'm searching for information about George I. Lambe and/or his sons, Albert Lambe and Thomas H. Lambe.

Thomas was married to a Mary "May," maiden name not known.

Can you help? - lkb

Ploesers from St. Louis and LA

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: Ploeser, McTague, Dunn, Freimuth
Sorry, I can't help you with your coin, but thought that I'd take a shot in the dark to see if you might be related to the Ploesers from St. Louis and/or Los Angles. My grandfather's cousin, Pauline McTague (b Nebraska 1894, d 1974 Los Angeles Co.) married Chester Ralph Ploeser (b Missouri 1893, d Los Angeles Co., 1951). According to my father, they had a sizable estate in Los Angeles with a private zoo.

The Ploesers and McTagues were originally from St. Louis and that is where Pauline and two of her children are buried. Pauline's parents (James H. and Catherine (Dunn) McTague) owned McTague's Restaurant, which was downtown St. Louis.

I would be happy to share what I know about that branch of the family if you are interested. Please feel free to email me directly.

Sydney Stephens
Washougal, WA

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions