Search for content in message boards

Curiston family & Smiths

Curiston family & Smiths

Posted: 3 May 2010 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have just started looking for my ancestors, Harold curiston, thomas henry curiston & bertha, thomas & Sophie curiston. Any help will be appreciated. Harold was a merchant and they had a store Thomas Curiston and sons circa 1920's???? Also related to James Smith 1800's

Re: Curiston family & Smiths

Posted: 4 May 2010 3:59PM GMT
I'm not related to this family.

1930 -
Name: Harold Curiston
Home in 1930: Wyandotte, Wayne, Michigan
Estimated birth year: abt 1925
Relation to Head of House: Grandson
Race: White

Andrew Martin 67, GER - Age at first marriage: 23
Mary Martin 63, GER - Age at first marriage: 20
Arthur F Martin 33, MI - Age at first marriage: 19; real estate broker
Edith Martin 25, MI - Age at first marriage: 16, d/inlaw
Thomas Curiston 7, MI - g/son
Harold Curiston 5, MI - g/son
Grace Martin 3 1/12, MI - g/dau
Norman Martin 1 9/12, MI - g/son

1930 is the last available census at this time.

Try this site for death records – FREE SITE
Social Security Death Index = FREE, Searchable = ALL STATES
* * * * * This index features individuals who died after 1960. * * * * * *
Use the ADVANCED option

DO NOT SEARCH FOR A MARRIED WOMAN USING HER MAIDEN NAME.
http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Roe, Curriston, Curston, Bradshaw
Thomas and Sophia Curiston are a part of my family tree. There are a couple of different spellings of the last name: in the 1880 Fed Census of Lapeer, MI you wil find it spelled Curston. Other spellings include Curriston. Thomas as a civil war veteran, served Co. E, 41st Reg. NY Infantry. They can be found in the Lapeer area in the 1900 and 1910 census. Thomas and Sophia married in NY State about 1870. For Sophia, is was her second marriage. I believe a daughter from his first marriage is my Great Grand Mother; Nancy Jane Bradshaw (nee Roe?/ Curiston). I have been unable to locate their presence in NY, and do not know Sophia's first husband. In two census, Sophia is said to have 10 and 11 children, 9 living. I suspect that is from the two different marriages. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 6:15AM GMT
Surnames: Curiston, Roe, Williams
Sophia Curiston's maiden name is Williams. This comes from her son Edwin's marriage record. Her parents were Thomas (born about 1798 in England) and Catherine (born about 1800 in either New York or England). You can find them in the 1850 and 1860 census in Macomb, New York. In the 1860 census, Leonard Williams, age 5 months, is listed after her, so it's possible that she had her first child out of wedlock at the age of 17. Sophia married William Roe sometime after 1860. William Roe enlisted in the Army in 1862 in Macomb and deserted in 1863. What happened after that is hard to determine, as there were several William Roes in the Army. William's daughter, Nancy Jane, was born about this time. Both Sophia and Nancy Jane applied for a survivor's army pension. Sophia also applied for a pension for her second husband, Thomas H Curiston, who she married about 1866. The 1900 census shows them married about 30 years. If so, then they married about 1870, which would call into question the father of her daughter Mina. Thomas enlisted in 1863 and died in 1915. His parents were Samuel Curiston (born in Ireland about 1804) and Elizabeth Kennedy (born in Ireland about 1807). They brought their family to Canada in about 1851. (They're in the 1851 census living in Quebec, but son Robert was born in Scotland about 1850.) Elizabeth died in childbirth in 1853 in Canada. Samuel died two years later, 14 Feb 1855, five months before a son, Samuel, was born to his second wife, Jane Gardiner. Sophia lived until at least 1920. She's listed on that census in Lapeer, MI, living with son Samuel John Curiston.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions