Search for content in message boards

Mahaffy/Micue/Meservey in Greenville ME

Mahaffy/Micue/Meservey in Greenville ME

Posted: 7 Mar 2005 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 May 2006 6:35PM GMT
Surnames: Mahaffy, Micue, Meservey
I am trying to find some informatin about my gg grandmother Ola A. Micue. She was born in Greenville ME 31 Oct 1878. Her parents were John Micue and Desire Meservey. When she was 13 years old, she married James Mahaffy (b. 5 Jan 1867 Riverthshut, New Brunswick, Canada) in The Town of Forks. Both James and Ola died in Bristol, CT. James 29 Oct 1943 and Ola 7 Aug 1954. They had seventeen children, the oldest John Wesley being my g grandfather. I would appreciate any information about Ola or her parents if possible.

Re: Mahaffy/Micue/Meservey in Greenville ME

Posted: 20 Dec 2008 12:16AM GMT
Do you know if Ola was part Indian? because I have meservey relatives in the same area and time period who were said to be part indian. Either Passamaqouddy or Mikmaq.

Posted: 20 Dec 2008 2:53AM GMT
I don't know if my Ola is part indian. However, the family story goes that there was some indian in the family. No one knows what branch, but if there is it could be either my Mahaffy line or the Micue/Meservey. I haven't gotten a lot on Ola's line because I am at a brickwall since we can't find a birth record. Sorry I was not any help.

Posted: 20 Dec 2008 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Meservey
Where is this place?
Riverthshut, New Brunswick, Canada...
Could it be Richibucto?
I have an Ethel Thompson born 1878 near the village of Richibucto, NB, and she married Waterman Meservey of the Greenville area. Richibucto is Mi'kmaq territory, in fact, the reserve is next door to where Ethel grew up and she would have to drive right past in order to get to the village of Richibucto, we have many families who are triple culture, the village is Acadian, but, the rural areas are of Irish, Scot's and English heritage as was Ethel.

Posted: 20 Dec 2008 2:27PM GMT
Since I first made my post, I have found out that the proper name for the place where my James Mahaffy is from is Riverdechute, Wicklow Parish, Carlton County, NB. He is not from Richibueto which is further north off the Gulf of Saint Laurent. Riverdechute is near the Maine border by Presque Isle/Easton. His wife Ola Micue was a Meservey on her mother's side. I don't have much on her yet, but she was from the Greenville, ME area.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Mahaffey/Micue
Hello, My husbands g-grandmother was Ola Micue (Mahaffey). She was born 10-31-1877. She was married to James Mahaffey Sr., who was born on 01-05-1866. According to my knowledge James Mahaffey Sr. was born in New Brunswick, Canada. I was always told by family that they were from Novia Scotia and one of them (either James or Ola were of the Mikmaq tribe). That is all the information that I have about them, as of yet, but I do have a list of their children and their dates of birth. I know that they lived in Maine while they had their family. I do also know that James had a sister named Jennie.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 3:41PM GMT
Laura, We are cousins. I have sent you a message with some information. Deanna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions