Search for content in message boards

Mussert

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2002 4:21AM GMT
am trying to trace any relative of Anthonie Hendrikus Mussert (not the Dutch fascist, possible a relative) who escaped from Holland on a merchant ship from Rotterdam when the Germans were entering and bombing Rotterdam during the 2nd world war.

Arriving in England he was trained as a gunner for merchant ships. One of the ships he was on took him to Melbourne, Australia. It was there he met an Australian and married in April 1942.
His age on the marriage certificate is 26.
Place of Birth Rotterdam.
Father’s name on the marriage certificate is Anthonie Hendikus Mussert occupation is wharf labourer.
Mothers maiden name Asc Yda Veenema

There was one child from the marriage also named Anthonie Hendrikus
Unfortunately due to a divorce and his death about 1980, the son knows very little about his fathers life and possible Dutch relatives.

Any information would be appreciated

Ron Davis
Queensland
Australia.

Re: Mussert

wervers (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2002 8:44AM GMT
http://www.genlias.nl/genlias
i found here 8 names but not the one you are looking for
Write your massage also in the zuid-holland page.
leo

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 6:13AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2002 4:21AM GMT
thank you for your reply. I have joined the Zuid-Holland mailing list as you suggested.

Peter de Vries (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2004 9:11AM GMT
Hi Ron

on the webiste:
http://www.gemeentearchief.rotterdam.nl/
you can search all marriage certificates from Rotterdam from 1811-1940

I found:
Anthonie Hendrikus Mussert, 19 years old, born in Rotterdam as the son of Anthonie Hendrikus Mussert and Maria Cornelia Kruijs
Married on 25-10-1911 in Rotterdam with
Akke Ide Veenema, 20 years old, born in Rotterdam as the daughter of Herman Rink Veenema and Christina Anthonia Jonkers

The marriages of their parents can also be found in the database, and also lots of marriages of other Childern of Abthonie H Musster en Maria Cornelia Kruijs

Regards

Peter

ron davis (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2004 12:23AM GMT
Hi Peter

Thank you for information re Antonie Mussert and the U.R.L of the website re the database. The site naturaly is in the dutch language which I don't understand.

Peter de Vries (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2004 9:34AM GMT
Surnames: -
I try to help you through the site, but I can't translate everything. Maybe you could write the City Hall/Archive and ask them to help you out. But part of the site is available in English !:

open: http://www.gemeentearchief.rotterdam.nl/
click: stamboomonderzoek (=familytree research)
click: Digitale Stamboom (=digital familytree)
select option UNION JACK which gives English info from now on!
You will be transfered to the English search window that will guide you through it from now on

Good Luck

Peter

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 7:43PM GMT
Hi Ron, I just found this website. I believe I have all the relevant data and some family members alive. Still looking for the information?

Kind regards
Peter

PS please send me your email address and I will forward it to you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions