Search for content in message boards

Albertson Family Tree

Albertson Family Tree

Posted: 20 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 May 2002 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Albertson, Moore
From what I understand a George Albertson and a brother came to America sometime in the 1800's. He had at least two children (George and John). Both are buried just outside of Orangeville, Pa in Columbia County. The younger George would be my Grandfather and the John would be a Great Uncle. My father is Fred who is buried just outside of Berwick, Pa also in Columbia County. I also understand that the brother to George (I believe his name was Wilbur) moved out west and I believe is the founder of the Albertson Supermarkets found in the west and Florida. Anyone with any information please contact me.

Thanks, Dave Albertson

Re: Albertson Family Tree

Posted: 11 Feb 2007 12:46AM GMT
I read your posting on Albertson in Columbia county PA
I have an 1880 census for Hiram R. and Lavina Albertson from Columbia County PA, children Maggie, Martha, Harry, Hugh and Grace. Would any of these be in your tree. Grace was my great,great grandmother and died at 22. I am having a hard time with her side. Grace married William R Kimbrell from MS

please reply to s.marsh60@yahoo.com

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 9:52PM GMT
Hi I have a georg albertson he was married to bessey whitenight he is burried in the trinity luthren cemitary i found one child a girl i cant remember her name any bells ringing

Posted: 4 Mar 2010 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Albertson
Sorry but the information does not ring a bell.

Posted: 4 Mar 2010 7:29PM GMT
Right now I do not have much on that part of the family. My line comes through a Grove Albertson, whom was my great Grandfather. He did have two wives so I need to check on the children of his Jeremiahs first wife Lativa (or something like this). I will do a bit of checking and get back to you.

Posted: 4 Mar 2010 7:33PM GMT
I am stuck with a Jeremiah Albertson. The family history says that there were 3 brothers who came across from Ireland. One of them is like the father of the gentleman who eventually started Albertsons grocery. Jeremiah was born about 1810 in PA Columbia County I think. If this helps you let me know.

Posted: 6 Mar 2010 2:29AM GMT
Grove Albertson was my Great Grandfather, his father was Jeremiah. Hard to find anything on him.

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 3:57AM GMT
Joseph Albert Albertson, who started the Albertson Supermarket Chain in Boise, Idaho, in 1939, is descended from Albert Albertson and Mary Gosbey. They were married on 20 Dec 1668, probably in Berkeley Precinct, North Carolina. Joseph was born on 17 Oct 1906, in Yukon, Oklahoma, to Earl and Rhoda (Harvey) Albertson. He died on 20 Jan 1993, in Boise, Idaho.

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 3:12AM GMT
I do not know will have to look into it further
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions