Search for content in message boards

Wililam Barrett 1632-1705

Wililam Barrett 1632-1705

John McClaughry (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 1999 7:51PM GMT
AM looking for ancestry of this Wm Barrett who lived in VA and may have amrried Anne Ludwell of NC. Their son Charles 1689-1771 Williamsburg VA married Mary Lee; their son Charles 1712-1771 NC m. Mary Leigh Criswell. Our family history has this Wm the grandson of Capt Robt Barrett, captain of the Jesus under Sir John Hawkins at the defeat of the Armada, but I am stuck at William.

Robert Barrett

Molly Barrett (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 1999 9:26AM GMT
The Barrett line you mentioned is the same line I am working on.
Would like to correspond. My e-mail address is mbbarrett@mindspring.com

Wm. Barrett

Jody Pendleton (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 1999 6:34PM GMT
I am not as far back as you. Hoping you could fill in some info for me. My great,great, grandma is Salley Barrett G.A.R.

Wm. Barrett

Jody Pendleton (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 1999 6:39PM GMT
I am not as far back as you. Hoping you could fill in some info for me. My great,great, grandma is Salley Barrett G.A.R. Born June 8, 1851 ?Brunswick, OH and died March 24, 1943 in Canon City, CO. Her parents were Wm. Barrett (these dates I am unsure of) B: 12/13/1807 D: 12/15/1865 in Vermont (he was a school teacher) married to Lucenda Freese in 1831. B:5/18/1807 D: 9/24/1897 Ohio. This info is schetchy and the rest even more so... His father Wm. Barrett B:1782 D: 1847 married to Betsy Patrick B:1788 D: 1855. Is any of this familiar. my email: ednjopen@ris.net

Barrett

Posted: 29 Dec 1999 7:14PM GMT
Dont know how much I can help. My ggg grandfather Francis Barrett (b 2/20/1762 Hanover Co VA, d 7/6/1833 m Elizabeth Lowry
was a Revolutionary War veteran, from whom I once qualified for the SAR. My great aunt Nell Thornton claimed her DAR membership from him. Try molly barrett at mbbarrett@mindspring.com./ She knows the more recent barretts. My knowledge ends with this Francis.

William Barrett

Nanci G. Posey (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 9:10AM GMT
My great grandfather was William Barrett and his father was William also; came from England into Charleston, SC.; eventually moved from Moncks Corner(near CHarleston) to Athens GA. I think their middle name was Samuel, both father and son, and the name Goodwin and Pedreaux was also used as middle names. My grandmother told me they were descendents of Eliz. Barrett Browning. I would like to trace them back to England, so any info would be great...one of William's sons was named Robert, so there are Robert's in the line also.

Wm Barrett

JOhn McClaughry (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 7:26PM GMT
My nearest William barrett 1632-1705 is too ancient to have been your great grandfather. He had sons Charles and Robert. Charles had a daughter Elizabeth (c. 1715) who preceded Elizabeth Barrett browning (b 1806) by almost a century. So I guess we're not on the same track. Happy hunting!.

Wm Barrett

nanci posey (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 8:07PM GMT
I thought perhaps your Wm Barrett might possibly be my great grandfather's ancestor. I'm trying to trace them back to England. All I know is that they probably came into the country thru Charleston,SC. If you find that your Wm Barrett's descendents ended up in SC and Athens, GA and vicinity, let me know.
Posted: 12 Mar 2000 1:39PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 9:47PM GMT
John,
I have Thomas E. Barrett who was born in England circa 1775. He came to NC where he married Mary Ann McIntosh Hale. They raised a family in Tazewell Co. VA. Do you have any information that might lead me to Thomas' parents? Thank You! Sheila hein.ma@gte.net

Thomas Barrett

Posted: 12 Mar 2000 8:46PM GMT
Sorry, I dont have any Thomas barretts at all.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions