Search for content in message boards

McGlothlin, Paul

McGlothlin, Paul

Posted: 7 Apr 2004 1:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for any information on my dad, my mom had very little info to share with me I believe he was born around 1921 died about 1966. He was born in WV and died in Roosevelt Hospital in NYC. He worked on the Long Island Rail Road. I have one picture of him if that helps anyone recognize him.

Re: McGlothlin, Paul

Wayne McGlothlin (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2005 9:40AM GMT
Here is an obit of lady that married a Paul McGlothlin, who lived in New York for some time. Hope there's a connection.
I believe this Paul McGlothlin was born 1919 in Logan Co., WV, and appeared in the 1930 census in McDowell Co., WV.
Madge L. McGlothlin
ABINGDON -- Mrs. Madge L. McGlothlin, 87, went to be with the Lord, Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at her home. She was born Sept. 2, 1915, in Russell County, Va., to the late Henry S. and Molly Puckett Dye. She had lived most of her life in New York where she managed five White Castle Restaurants. Madge retired in 1972 and moved back to Abingdon. She was a lifelong Methodist and was a member of the Carvosso United Methodist Church. She was preceded in death by her beloved husband, Paul L. McGlothlin; three sisters, Gladys Dye Slate, Mary Margaret Dye Hughes and Naydean Dye; and two brothers, William B. Dye and Ellis Dye.
She is survived by a special nephew, Scott Dye, of Cleveland, Va. and several other nieces and nephews.
A funeral service will be conducted Friday, March 28, 2003, at 2 p.m. in the Carvosso United Methodist Church with Rev. Leonard Smith officiating. Burial will follow in the Forest Hills Memory Gardens. Pallbearers will be family and friends. The family will receive friends from 6-9 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Those wishing to express sympathy online may do so by visiting www.farrisfuneralservice.com.
Farris Funeral Service is serving the family of Mrs. McGlothlin.

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 2:10AM GMT
Wayne, Thank you for that information. I feel I'm at a dead end though. I met someone else from the McGlothlin family on line and she's been giving me advice on how to go about finding any information on my dad, but no luck. I wish I had more information to go on. Thank you for posting this for me. I appreciated it a great deal.

Wayne McGlothlin (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 12:20PM GMT
Sharon; until you have some hard vital stats to go on, it'll be tough to make a connection. I'd suggest: search of 1930 census to determine where he was then and attached to what family; it might be easier to get info from other family members; search birth/marriage/records from counties where you think those events happened. A long shot might be contacting Long Island RR for old employee records.
Good Luck,
Wayne

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 5:32PM GMT
Thanks Wayne, I'm working on getting more information, since 9-11 though the different agencies are difficult to get info from. Even gettting a copy of my birth certificate is a big chore. The original was destroyed in a fire. Hopefully that is on its way, after 3 requests being sent. I wish I had more to go on. Someday I figure out just where I am on that side of my family...Thank you for your input I do appreciate it.

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 1:16AM GMT
Wayne, I'm hoping you still check this board. I want to thank you, the obit you sent me in 2005 was the key that finally opened the door for me. Last month I found a photo on Ancestry of the woman in the obit along with her husband Paul. His photo and the photo of my dad (the only photo I had) are a match. My dad, Paul was born Dec 16, 1919 in WV to Tolbert and Emma McGlothlin. Sadly he died June 21, 1996. I had been told differently all my life, today I found out my grand parent's names and the rest of the family to boot! Thank you again. Sharon McGlothlin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions