Search for content in message boards

Mixon

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 2:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Sep 2001 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Mixons from SC down to AL
I am looking for more information into the Mixon family line. James Mixon (He married Rebecca Locke) is my gr-gr-gr-gr-grandfather from SC. His father my gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-grandfather was possibly Jessie Mixon Jr.??? If anyone has any further information about these Mixons I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Re: Mixon

BOBBY SMITHERMAN (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2001 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: MIXON,HENDRIX,JOINER,FINCH,WOMACK
HELLO, I found a Jesse MIXON that married Sarah BOWEN, 3 AUGUST 1801, BULLOCH CO.(statesboro) GA. My wife's MIXON lineage is in that county and there are (2) James MIXON in her family, their lineage comes from South Carolina, they think from Barnwell or Hampton Counties. There is a lot of MIXON in East Georgia. BOBBY

Re: Mixon

Posted: 14 Sep 2001 4:51AM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2002 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: mixon
Thanks for the information. I am not sure if that is the right mixon, I will check on that "Mixon" info. Thank You for the help. You are right. There are a lot of mixons. I will keep you informed. S. Jordan

Re: Mixons in GA, Wilcox Co.

julie frankle (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 9:49PM GMT
I'm descended from Edward B. "Ned" Mixon. My research points to his father being Jesse Mixon Jr. who married Sarah Bowen. Ned was my GGGGrandfather, and I have a lot of information on a lot of his descendants.
I don't have information on James or Rebecca Locke--I'd love to hear about them. My records indicate Jesse Mixon Sr. as Jesse Jr's father, married to Mary [??]. Most of my information on these generations came from other researchers (via inernet) and a book called "Passing of the Pines: History of Wilcox Co., GA" The information on more recent generations has come from more reliable sources.

Reply if you're interested!

julie

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 9:42PM GMT
Hello, The information I have so far does not show a Edward as being my Jessie (or Jesse) Mixon Jr.s' son. Of course, I am still researching. I have found out that there are a lot of Mixons (Mixsons) and there are a lot of them named Jesse. I would love to know your information and would be happy to share what I have. I have not found anything on Jesse Mixon Sr. as of yet.
James Mixon and Rebecca Locke were married on Feb. 12, 1826 in Crawford County, Georgia. So far I have it listed that they had ten children. There may be more. Here are their names:
1)Caroline E. Mixon b. 1826 in Crawford Co., Georgia
she married Carey Harris on Nov. 19, 1857 in Henry Co.,
AL.
2)David Jessie Mixon b. 1830 in Henry Co., AL. He married
Lydia Kirkland on May 16, 1852.
3)James D. Mixon b. 1835 in AL.
4)Jesse Green Mixon b. 1839 in AL. He married Dorothy
Melinda Messer on Dec. 29, 1861 in Henry Co., AL
5)Margaret Mixon b. 1841 in AL.
6)Sarah A. Mixon b. 1843 in AL.
7)Nancy S. Mixon b. 1845 in AL.
8)John M. Willis Mixon b. 1847 in AL
9)William B. Mixon b. 1850 in AL. He married Elizabeth
J. Helton on April 1, 1888 in Henry Co., AL
10)Rosa Ann Mixion (she also went by Marion Rose) b. 1854 in AL.
She married John L. Calloway in AL.

I have some more information, but it is very disorganized right now. If you are looking for something in particular, let me know. Sharon

Jane Mixon (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2001 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: Mixon
I have just started looking for the Mixon side of my family.I am searching for information on my gg-grandfather Jesse Mixon. All I really know about him is that he was from GA, he had 3 brothers James John & Martin. I found some information on them in the Huxford books (mostly John),and in the Lowndes Co GA census around 1830?. Jesse's son (my g-grandfather) was named Anthony James Mixon. Who was married to Ida Leonora Nettles Mixon. I think he may have lived in Clarkesville, And some of their family is in the Pippin Cemetery there. If anyone knows anything I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 10:24PM GMT
Hello, I don't want to confuse you with information that may not help. I have a lot of Mixon info. I have come across 11 Jesse Mixons so far. My Jesse Mixon did have a son named James. But I don't think it is the James you are referring to. Although I do believe they are connected. You can go to RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project on the internet. There is a lot of Mixon information. If I make a connection I will post a message for you. You can also look on FamilyTreeMaker.com, there are a lot of Mixon lines. Good Luck to you!
Sharon

Winston Mixon (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2001 11:42PM GMT
My gggg grandfather was Jesse Mixon, Jr. who married Sarah Bowen.

Winston Mixon (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2001 11:45PM GMT
I too am a descendant of Edward (Ned) B. Mixon

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 1:43AM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2003 4:06PM GMT
i am also looking for info on jesse mixon. i have alot of info up to that point. my grandmother was gracie mixon whos father was david a mixon. any info would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions