Search for content in message boards

Oldest Living Partin

Oldest Living Partin

Si Parden (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2000 4:41AM GMT
Henry Harvey Parden (Partin) died July 8, 2000 at age 98 leaving his brother Clyde Parden age 90 as the oldest living Partin of the William L Partin Family Group. William L Partin was the son of Charles Partin one of the three brothers that came from SC to Al. Clyde is the Last surviving Grandchild of William L Partin. Our next oldest Partin will be from a new generation.
Si Parden

William Partin

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2005 1:26AM GMT
Do you have any info on Elam Partin who was born 1796 and married Malinda A. Clayton? His parents are supposed to be William "Billy" Partin and Sally. Elam and Malinda had sons Robert C., Anderson, Shelton Clayton, John C., William, James Matison. His daughters were Louisa, Lucinda, Malinda, Sarah, Mary Melissa. Shelton Clayton is my ancestor who married Elizabeth Evans. My e-mail address is rasiler@kih.net Any info would be appreciated.

Shelton C.Partin

Karen Partin Bull (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2000 3:52PM GMT
My gg-grandfather was Shelton C.Partin.His wife's name was elizebeth Evans.I have a lot of info.about this subject.I even have a book that tell's how this Partin came to settle in Ky.If you think that this could be the same one please let me know.email me at darylbull@netscape.net thank you.

Shelton C. Partin line

Van R. Hudson, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 5:27PM GMT
My wife , Wanda Adams Hudson, is the grandaughter of Mollie Partin of KY. Mollie was the daughter of Elam Partin and Sarah Catherine Turner. Elam was one of Shelton and Elizabeth's sons. Interested in any information you care to share on this family line. Especially would like to know about the book you have about how they came to this area. Please reply. How about the "Indian" blood?

Shelton C.Partin

Posted: 8 Nov 2000 4:28PM GMT
This is in response to your request.I have a list of names that my late aunt had that was given to me after she died.There are no dates.I do know when my grandfather was born,in which I will write when I get to his name.Here we go:Shelton C. Partin wife Sarah Elizebeth (Beth or Betty)Evans Children's names;William,Elam,Bob,James,Joe(my great grandfather),Tim,Tom,Peggy,Elizebeth Mary.Now the next she has written is Joe Partin wife Sarah Elizebeth Mason.Their children were;John Tom,James L.(my grandfather born in 1897),Dwight L.,Maggie Partin Siler,Bertha Partin Marsee,Cora Partin Hamblin,Mary Elizebeth Partin Sharp.Then it goes on to John Tom wife Parrie Hatfield Partin.It is not clear to me about their children.It states that they had 12 children.One is Floyd Lee Partin;Ulis Partin his children;Millard,Ethel,Austin,Evlyn Partin Tolliver one name I can't make out.There are also names of this family in which I'm not sure who's children they are.I do know that James Ellery Partin was my grandfather's nephew.Nevile Partin his children;Lucille Partin Petre,Ruth Partin (Futrell?) Charles Partin Chester Partin, Mary Joe Partin Bostic ,Betty Partin, Marie Partin.I hope this information helps you.Please let me know .Now about the book that I have.The name of the book is Clearfork and area.It is full of information about the people that lived in that area (Ky. TN. Va.)There is a section in the book that tells how that Shelton C. Partin and William Henderson came to settle in the area that is now known as Frakes Ky.Also known as the Henderson settlement.That is where my Partin family is from.Now about the Cherokee Indian blood,When Shelton C.Partin William Henderson came to this country,they went into N.C.They took up with the Indians and Married into the cherokee family.As the book states,after they obtained the land in Ky. they returned to N.C. to get their families and bring them back to their Ky. homesteads.The book was compiled by Bonnie Mazingo Page.I have her phone # somewhere,I'll try to find it.I spoke to her on the phone and ask her if she still sells the book she said that there are order forms at the chamber of commerce in Tazewell,Tenn.That's where I live.I have had so many people ask about the book that I finally called her.I got mine at the Pruden reunion years ago.Well,as I said before,I hope this helps you.If you have any info that would help me Please send it .thank you,Karen

Shelton C.Partin

Posted: 8 Nov 2000 4:29PM GMT
This is in response to your request.I have a list of names that my late aunt had that was given to me after she died.There are no dates.I do know when my grandfather was born,in which I will write when I get to his name.Here we go:Shelton C. Partin wife Sarah Elizebeth (Beth or Betty)Evans Children's names;William,Elam,Bob,James,Joe(my great grandfather),Tim,Tom,Peggy,Elizebeth Mary.Now the next she has written is Joe Partin wife Sarah Elizebeth Mason.Their children were;John Tom,James L.(my grandfather born in 1897),Dwight L.,Maggie Partin Siler,Bertha Partin Marsee,Cora Partin Hamblin,Mary Elizebeth Partin Sharp.Then it goes on to John Tom wife Parrie Hatfield Partin.It is not clear to me about their children.It states that they had 12 children.One is Floyd Lee Partin;Ulis Partin his children;Millard,Ethel,Austin,Evlyn Partin Tolliver one name I can't make out.There are also names of this family in which I'm not sure who's children they are.I do know that James Ellery Partin was my grandfather's nephew.Nevile Partin his children;Lucille Partin Petre,Ruth Partin (Futrell?) Charles Partin Chester Partin, Mary Joe Partin Bostic ,Betty Partin, Marie Partin.I hope this information helps you.Please let me know .Now about the book that I have.The name of the book is Clearfork and area.It is full of information about the people that lived in that area (Ky. TN. Va.)There is a section in the book that tells how that Shelton C. Partin and William Henderson came to settle in the area that is now known as Frakes Ky.Also known as the Henderson settlement.That is where my Partin family is from.Now about the Cherokee Indian blood,When Shelton C.Partin William Henderson came to this country,they went into N.C.They took up with the Indians and Married into the cherokee family.As the book states,after they obtained the land in Ky. they returned to N.C. to get their families and bring them back to their Ky. homesteads.The book was compiled by Bonnie Mazingo Page.I have her phone # somewhere,I'll try to find it.I spoke to her on the phone and ask her if she still sells the book she said that there are order forms at the chamber of commerce in Tazewell,Tenn.That's where I live.I have had so many people ask about the book that I finally called her.I got mine at the Pruden reunion years ago.Well,as I said before,I hope this helps you.If you have any info that would help me Please send it .thank you,Karen

Shelton C.Partin

Posted: 8 Nov 2000 4:30PM GMT

Vaney Partin from Arkansas -Cherokee Indian

Denise (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 9:18AM GMT
My great grandmother (Lillian Maynard, born 1880) death certificate states Vaney Partin as her mother born in Arkansas and I understand that she's probably 100% Cherokee Indian. I was hoping to find more information, any help would be greatly appreciated.

HENRY MAZINGO FROM OREGON

JANINE TUCKER (BUSHBAUM) (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2001 2:13PM GMT
IN 1947 I WAS ADOPTED OUT. MY FATHERS NAMES IS HENRY MAZINGO, MOTHERS NAME MARTHA JOSEPHINE BUSHBAUM. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO WILL YOU SHARE IT WITH ME. FATHER IS INDIAN, MOTHER GERMAN ANCESTRY.WAITED MANY YEARS TO FINALY BE ABLE TO FIND BIRTH RELATIVES. FATHER BORN IN 1924, MOTHER BORN IN 1930. THANK YOU JANINE TUCKER

Re: HENRY MAZINGO FROM OREGON

Posted: 13 Jan 2002 7:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mazingo, Mozingo
Janine,
I don't know if this will help you or not but I hope so. I was doing a search for my ancestors who are in the Mozingo line and I typo'd Mazingo. I got a list of cemetaries and one was in Clackamas, Oregon with the names Mazingo. I down loaded the info just in case it may be some connection and forgot about it. I was just going through the mountains of paperwork that I have and found your e-mail (I don't even know why I would have printed it) right next to the cemetary information. It took me about an hour to find this e-mail posting on ancestry.com again. I took it as a sign that I was suppouse to give you this info. They may be family. I would request the death records for leads from the State of Oregon or the cemetery.
Mazingo, William 1842-1927 Co.1 28 Ill. Inf.
( Same stone with Mary E.)
Mazingo, Mary E. 1844-1929 His Wife
Mazingo, Andy 1870-1934
They are located at the Russellville Cemetery. Here is the web site address:
ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/clackamas/cemetery/ru...
I also ran across some web resources for Oregon while checking out info on Indiana (go figure!) I'll have to locate it again and post it when I find it. I hope this helps lead you in the right direction. I live in Portland, Oregon so if you need some leg work done I would be happy to do what I can.
Anyway, god bless, I hope these Mazingo's are yours!
Sherrie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic