Search for content in message boards

Rutter from England?

Rutter from England?

Posted: 28 Sep 2001 1:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Dec 2008 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: Rutter
i am reseaching the rutter from maryland -john rutter born 1722 . that is as far as i can get . anyone out there know where else to go? any help deeply appreciated.

Re: Rutter from England? Maryland

Charles Rutter (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2008 1:47AM GMT
Hi Debbie,

Do you know if your John Rutter had any siblings? I have a Edmond
Rutter, probably Washington Cty., Maryland around 1730's.

Chuck

Re: Rutter from England?

Posted: 28 Oct 2002 1:17PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2008 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Rutter, Kitchener
Hello Debbie,

I am researching the RUTTER FAMILY from ENGLAND near Belbroughton or Worcestershire because they are so close.

Do you have the names of their children. I know of an EDWARD RUTTER in England (Belbroughton) who married around 1899 to a women called MARY. They have children and some of they are called KITCHENER, JAMES, MARY, PAM, RUBY.

This might help both of us out. If you have any more details on the RUTTERS FROM ENGLAND would appreciate any insight to help me or you continue the family tree.

Posted: 19 Dec 2002 12:17AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2008 1:48AM GMT
hi, yes . my dad's side of the family comes from frederick co,washington co, md. would love more info on rutter's of md. especially edmund and john, benjamin,james,mary, elizabeth . i have some infomation . i am willing to share .

Posted: 19 Dec 2002 12:26AM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2008 1:48AM GMT
sorry, the rutter's i am researching appeared of record in 1722 . frederick co ,md later on washington. i am pretty sure my rutter's came from england. their names are john,alexander,william,edmund,mary,rachel,. wish there was a connection. again sorry.

Posted: 20 Apr 2006 4:04PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2008 1:50AM GMT
Edward Rutter Bellbrouhgton married Mary Field Bromsgrove 1906

Posted: 1 Jan 2007 2:56PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2008 1:50AM GMT
Do you know Edward's parents names? Only I have loads of Rutters in my family from Belbroughton/Bromsgrove and if you go far enough back they seem to nearly all be related! Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 20 May 2009 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: RUTTER
I too descend from the RUTTER family of MD via JOHN RUTTER b. ca. 1745, Frederick Co., MD.

His parents were JOHN and AGNES.

Would love to swap info.

Is there documentation that the family came from England? What year?

Posted: 22 May 2009 2:43AM GMT
My Rutter family came out of Maryland, probably Washington County as far as we have been able to determine. The oldest ancestor we believe is Edmond Rutter, born about 1750 and who is buried in a family plot in Hagerstown, Md. I have been to that grave which is on private property. He would have been my ggggrandfather. My great great grandfather, Benjamin came into Ohio in 1816, to Muskingum County. He married Sara Muse in Maryland before immigrating to Ohio. From there on the paper trail is excellent up to the present. Where they came from is a complete mystery which I will probably never find out.

Edmund RUTTER Burial Ground

Posted: 22 May 2009 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: RUTTER
Is the following the description of the cemetery where your Edmund RUTTER family is buried?

Cemetery on Earl Horst Farm nr East of Funkstown, nr Dual Hwy aka National Pike Rd., Washington Co., MD

Chocy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions