Search for content in message boards

Winnie Johnson information

Winnie Johnson information

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 2:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Dawson, Herring
Looking for information on Winnie Johnson who was married to Wiliam Dawson and is possibly the mother of Sallie Eliza Dawson who married Benjamin Franklin Herring. Appreciate any information.

Re: Winnie Johnson information

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Herring ... Winnie Johnson
I have her. Only an approximate birth date of abt 1801 in Lenoir County, North Carolina, death abt 1856 Lenoir County. Married to William Dawson son of John Thomas Dawson and Sarah Herring. Ten children, Sallie is one of them. Sarah (Sallie) Eliza Dawson married Benjamin Herring and had Egbert (never married) and Nancy Ann (my great
grandmother). He married again to Martha J. Aldridge but had a child with Martha Warters before the second marriage. Family history tells that Martha had Benjamin "go get the little girl and bring her home to
be raised properly ... (Mary Wiggins was the child's name). A Lot of my research is based on family histories, but I'm pretty confident this came from an actual bible.

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 11:12PM GMT
Thanks! Nancy Ann is my 2nd great grandmother so this info helps alot!

Jeremy

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 5:50AM GMT
May I jump in and ask if you know the sisters (or families) of both the Marthas you mention. I am related to both the Aldridge and Warters families.

Thanks, Anne

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 5:16PM GMT
Are you a Williams? I'm Major's granddaughter

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 5:27PM GMT
Oh, gosh ... Martha Aldridge was the daughter of Josiah Aldridge (4/12/1823, Lenoir County NC), and Arclemmy (Clement, Clemmie, Clemmy) Wooten (11/15/1828, Wayne County, NC). They had seven other children.
The other one I listed as Martha Warters should have been Esther Warters, I recently uncovered ... I knew her name was Esther, but it took a while to find her ... She was married to John Wiggins at the time Mary was born from what I understand. They had two boys, James and Joseph. I show Esther listed as the daughter of Nathaniel Warters and Mary ?. Unfortunately, that's all I have for Esther at this time. Are you related to the Williams line at all? Hope this helps.

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 6:47PM GMT
Are you asking Anne if she is a Williams? if so, no I am not. I am related to Aldridge.... Elizabeth Aldridge married John Leighton Croom. They are my 2nd great grandparents. I am hoping the Martha you mention is her sister.

I am also related to the Warters via Mary "Mollie" Warters who married R. C. Croom (he is a son of Elizabeth and John mentioned above). Is the other Martha you mention a sister of my Mary Warters?

I would like to compare information if these are also yours.

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 7:26PM GMT
I think I missed the name "Jeremy" at the bottom of the post indicating Nancy Ann was his second great grandmother. So I guess I was asking Jeremy if he was a Williams. Yes... Comparing notes is a good thing. Gotta go out for a bit but am always happy and more than thrilled to assist a cousin or fellow researcher.

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 7:37PM GMT
Yes, my grandmother is Juanita Williams Fornoff, daughter of Walter Raleigh Williams and Carrena Boykin.

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: Herring ... Winnie Johnson ... Williams
"Uncle Walter" married my parents! Nice to meet another cousin here. Any news on Austin S. Williams??? I have the DNA kit from ancestry, figured I'd give it a whirl to see if I can find out WHICH Williams line we're related to. 8)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions