Search for content in message boards

Jessie Cross - born 1874

Jessie Cross - born 1874

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 1:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Jessie Cross, married to Leonard Carter, Nova Scotia, Canada, December 1895. Jessie was the daughter of Abraham and Mary J. Cross.
Thank you in advance for any additional information on Jessie Cross or her parents Abraham or Mary J. We are attempting to fill out the family tree. Would love to know the city/town/village in County Cork where Jessie and her parents resided.

Re: Jessie Cross - born 1874

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 11:42AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2012 11:43AM GMT
If Jessie was born around 1874 she should appear in Civil records, however I'm not seeing any good match for her on the BMD Index on FamilySearch. She could have been registered before a name was decided, so could appear as 'Female' Cross.

Do you have her mother's maiden name - maybe from her marriage or death cert ?

Here's a list from the BMD Index for Cross births around 1874. Cork is a large county, so there are a number of districts that cover the county - i.e. : Cork (based in the city), Bandon, Bantry, Castletown, Clonakilty, Dunmanway, Fermoy, Kanturk *, Killmallock *, Kinsale, Lismore, Macroom, Mallow, Middleton, Millstreet, Mitchelstown, Skibbereen, Skull, and Youghal *

https://www.familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&a...

(the districts with * cover parts of other counties as well as Cork)

Shane

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 11:49AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2012 11:51AM GMT
The extracted records on FamilySearch shows two separate couples named Abraham Cross with wife Mary having children in Cork city and county - see : https://www.familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&a...

An Abraham Benjamin Cross, with wife Mary Jane Poole look to be in Bishopstown and then Ballincollig, just to the west of the city.

Abraham H. Cross and wife Mary M. Splaine, in Midleton district.

(note the extracted records are not complete - so there could be other possible matches)

S.

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 1:12PM GMT
Good Morning Shane,
Thank you so much for your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated. Thanks to your work we now have additional information to consider. Colin

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Cross, Carter
Hi,
I am also looking to find out about my family from Cork Co. Ireland. Jessie Carter (nee Cross) and Leonard Carter were my great-great grandparents. I am traveling to Ireland May 2013 and hoping to locate the town or area where Jessie grew up.

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 5:49PM GMT
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for replying to this query. I'm assuming you live in the North Country up around Brookfield???
Enjoy your trip to Ireland and if you discover where Jessie grew up I would greatly appreciate knowing.

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 2:09AM GMT
Hello,
My family is forwarding documents to me re: marriage, birth certificates. Apparently, Jessie was born Jessie Esther Cross, or Esther Jessie Cross (the birth certificate reads Esther) on Nov 21, 1871 and had two sisters, Carrie and Dolly both moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia; they also had a brother Dr. Eustace Cross who remained in Ireland. I am new to this website but once I get copies of the documents I will scan/upload to this site. Hope this information is helpful. My family doesn't know when Jessie moved to Canada, I am hoping to find this out. Cheers

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 3:27AM GMT
Again, thank you for all your information. I would really be interested in Jessie's physical discription. Do you know if she had red/auburn hair???
This is a great site.........I've had postings well over three years old and have had people reply.
Good luck with putting together your family tree.

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 4:04AM GMT
Hi,
I believe my grandparents have pictures, I remember seeing them as a child. I will get them scanned too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions