Search for content in message boards

Dayman, Deamon, Deaman Whitfield

Dayman, Deamon, Deaman Whitfield

Rhonda Courtney (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 10:44PM GMT
I am tracing the above family names Deamon and Deaman being the original then changed to Dayman - some family members changed others didn't - between 1850 1920.
Particularly interested in Rose Deamam who married Wesley Whitfield in 1894 then his brother in 1924. Also Ernest William Whitfield born in 1886 - Died Coolah 1.5.65
Married ?? to Rose who died in Coolah on 2.10.47 aged 63 years. Trying to find out if all are the same Rose.
Current descendants are who we are looking for.
We have history of family back to England in 1600's but are now going forward to trece current generations.
James Deamon/Deaman/Dayman married Emma Greenslade had the following children
John Thomas - 1870 Married Catherine Gaal
Richard James - 1873 died 1874
Rose - 1875 Wesley then Andreww Whitfield
Amelia V - 1879 died 1879
Grace - 1878 married John Z Malmiston 1897
Albert 1880 married Ethel E Peck 1900
Ernest C - 1881 died 1882
Percy - 1882 married Alice E House 1905
William - 1885 Married Margaret A McPherson 1905
Lilly M - 1889 died 1889
Ethel - 1891 married William Hunt
Bert - 1893 (My grandfather) married Hilda
York
Florence - 1896 married William Poole

Re: Dayman, Deamon, Deaman Whitfield

Posted: 13 Jul 2002 7:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Were Percy's parents James Deaman and Emma (?). And Were James parents Elizabeth Buggin and John Deaman?

John and Elizabeth had four children; John, Samuel, James and Thomas. Thomas was my great grandfather. If James was his brother, James would have been my great uncle.

I am seeking information about the descendants of Thomas Deaman and his wife, Lucy Mary Milgate. Does any of this ring any bells?

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: whitfield dayman daymon deaman deamon
Rose & Wesley Whitfield are my direct relations being great grandparents. Their daughter Violet was my grandmother. Violet's son was Maurice Whitfield who was my father. I have researched the Dayman,Daymon,Deaman,Deamon family line also.
Please email me at linda_xx2002@yahoo.com.au.

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 12:38PM GMT
yes please email me linda_xx2002@yahoo.com.au

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 11:15AM GMT
i am from this family!!! william and margaret are my great grandparents on my dads side.. would love to know any information you have...happy to share what i know!!!

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: whitfield/dayman
Hi Rhonda, do you have any recently updated info on this family line? Im still tracing the whitfield side, more twists and turns than a snake. thanks heaps
Linda Whitfield

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 9:12AM GMT
Hi, I have just received an email regarding Rose & Wesley Whitfield. Rose was my grandfather's sister (Bert). My info has Rose buried in Gunnedah where she appeared to move after her marriage. Did as suggested marry another brother when first husband died.? Where are you located I am in Coolah only an hour from Gunnedah, but never seem to get the time to check out the cemetry when I'm up there. We also have a large number of whitfield's in Coolah but I cannot establish any connection, although they were born in the Gunnedah, Coonabarabran area.
I do have a full family history of the Dayman/Deamon family if you need further info

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 9:14AM GMT
Hi, just going through some old posts and yours came up. Yes Percys parents were John & Emma she was a Greenslade. I do have a full history if you want more info. Rhonda Courtney (nee Dayman)

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 9:17AM GMT
Hi again, sorry it should be James & Emma not John. My error,and yes the other info you mention is correct.

Posted: 30 Apr 2010 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: dayman,deamon,deaman, whitfield
Hi Glenron,
It appears we are indead related. Rose did marry her first husbands brother in 1924. Andrew Russell WHITFIELD and had 6 more children with him. Rose lived at Ryde when married to Wesley, my GGF. Then moved to Gunnedah before marrying Andrew.My dad Maurice was bought up by Rose in Gunnedah before he moved back with his mother Violet, Rose's daughter, in Petersham at aged 5. I have a CD from Ronald Dayman that is very good, but would appreciate any other info you could give me, The Coolah Whitfields are related to the Picton Braidwood Whitfields i think, i am trying to link the families together. I have been to Gunnedah on numerous occations to visit cousins and relo's with my dad, sister and brother. Cassandra Rose had a corner store in town that we went to alot. It was known as Rose's shop to us. So your from the Bert & Hilda York line then? Thanks heaps for replying to my email. If you could send some info i would really appreciate it, and i could send you some on the whitfield line if you like. I am in the Windsor area at present. Look forward to you reply..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions