Search for content in message boards

Francis Xavier Richter

Francis Xavier Richter

Shawna Richter (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richter
I am searching for information on Francis Xavier Richter's family that remained in Bohemia after he came to America in 1853. He was born November 5, 1837 in Friedland, Bohemia to Carl and Veronica Richter. He had two brothers Carl and Joseph, his father was a textile manufacturer. That is about all we know of his family, we would love to get to know that line of the family. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Francis Xavier Richter

Cindie Barlow (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2002 12:15AM GMT
Dear Shawna, I am a decendant of Francis Xavier Richter. We need to talk! I have almost a complete tree back to Carl and Veronica Richter. My grandmother is still alive and she is Francis Xaviers grand daughter ! Feel free to call me at 604-599-0052 in Surrey, B.C. Canada

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 8:28AM GMT
To all fellow Richters. My phone number has changed to
604 588 0040 in Surrey BC.
Any one want to plan another Richter reunion in July of 2005?
Possibly same place as last one?? Oroville Wash?
E-mail or call Cindie Barlow

Francis Xavier Richter - other Richters from Bohemia

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 6:41PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2005 6:50PM GMT
I'm interested in knowing what you find about these Richters, as there were some from the same town, same time period, who settled in Grand Rapids Michigan.

Valentine Richter was a very well-known German-speaking Bohemian who owned the Ohio House hotel, a "farmers hotel" in Grand Rapids. I'd be happy to share what I have privately and hope you will do the same? Nan schichtn@gvsu.edu

Charles Richter

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2004 2:33AM GMT
Hi Cindi....Would you have any knowledge of a Charles Richter born in Ontario Feb. 7, 1857...He married a Joanna ?? born Sept. 15, 1858?
I am trying to find out anything about my family...They only show up once on 1901 Census...Can't figure out if they were born in Merritton, Ontario....or Ontario why I can't find Richters before this 1901 Census...
I'd appreciate any leads you may have.
Thank You
Sandy

Re: Charles Richter

Posted: 21 Mar 2004 8:07AM GMT
So sorry Sandy, We have not come across any Ontario conections in the 1800s.
Our Charles Richter was born in 1870 near Osoyoos BC.
He was the son of Francis Xavier Richter born Nov 5, 1837 in Friedland, Bohemia and Lucy Simla born in 1846 in Vernon BC. He was my grandmothers Uncle.

Good luck on your search.
Posted: 17 Apr 2004 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2005 4:09PM GMT
Hi Cindy, I was looking through the Barlows for information on my Barlow side and I came accross your posting. My Mom's grandparents came to Wisconsin from Saxony in 1861. Gottlieb Doemel and wife Sophie (Richter) Doemel, her DOB 12-09-1825. I don't know any more about them before that. Have you any possible connection to my Richter?
Julie Schuh pschuh@new.rr.com

Re: Richter/Barlow

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 4:56AM GMT
Hi Julie, VERY interesting.
So far I have never come across a BARLOW/RICHTER
connection. My husbands family ( Barlow) originated in England and my GG Grandfather came from Bohemia.
I will look further in to my tree but that name does not sound familiar. I will let you know what I find.
Cindie

Re: Richter/Barlow

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 4:15PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2005 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Barlow, Balthazar, Post, Stearns, Doemel, Glidden, Salzer, O'Krueg, Schuh, Larocque, Heinzl,Robl,Hart, Wallace,
Cindie,
My Sophie Richter was married to a Doemel, their greatgrandson Harold Doemel married Beatrice Barlow from New London, WI.(my grandparents). Beatrice Barlow's grandfather was born in New York, his father was born in France and mother in Canada, according to the information that I found. My dad's side of the family is supposed to be from around Bohemia (Salzer, Heinzl, Robl) if you ever come accross these names I'd also be interested. Thank you!
Julie

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 4:09AM GMT
my name is nicole richter and we are related to fx richter by way of his son edward
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions