Search for content in message boards

Martha Ann Redden,Reddin.

Martha Ann Redden,Reddin.

Posted: 26 Feb 2004 3:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Trying to help a cousin with her indian ancestry. Her Grandmother was Martha Ann Redden, daughter of William Redden. Martha was born 1874 in TN and died 1933 in MO.
She was part indian and was thought by family to be Cherokee. Martha married John S. Edwards.
Would be happy if someone out there could help as I don't really know where to start.
Thanks
Vera

Re: Martha Ann Redden,Reddin.

Posted: 26 Feb 2004 3:38PM GMT
There is at least one Redden family which intermarried into the Cherokee nation, but W. F. Redden, the patriarch, was white. He had a son, William, but William is 20 years too young to be the one you are searching for. W. F. had no child named Martha.

There are 4 Edwards families on the Dawes Rolls, none of which are headed by John S. & Martha.

I would suggest that you pursue your inquiry in sources such as the Federal Census, Missouri marriage, birth and death records, etc. Perhaps when you have additional names & dates it will be possible to actually determine whether there is any Indian ancestry in the family.

Good Luck.

Posted: 26 Sep 2007 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: Redden
Hi I am doing some family heritage research. I am trying to find some more information on my Father-in-law Mitchell R. Redden born in Tenessee in 1931. His mother was Katherine Johnson born in 1912 and He met his real father once and the story goes that his father was Cherokee Indian. Do you know if there is a place on line to find birth certificates?

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 3:06PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 22 Feb 2013 12:10PM GMT

Posted: 17 Jan 2011 3:33AM GMT
Surnames: Redden
Yes I am still doing research. Mitchel Redden would be the son of Martha.

Posted: 17 Jan 2011 3:34AM GMT
oops I met his mother was Kathryn

Posted: 21 Jan 2014 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
What do you need to know and perhaps I can help you. The Martha Ann I'm related to has a son name Brodie Harrison Redden does that ring a bell?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic