Search for content in message boards

Morris, Sarah Ann/Annie

Morris, Sarah Ann/Annie

Posted: 17 Mar 2004 8:58PM GMT
Looking for verification of my gr grandmother's birthplace and parent's names. I think she was born in Penclawdd, Glamorgan, Wales in 1863. Please help. Thankyou

Re: Morris, Sarah Ann/Annie

Alun (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2004 12:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
The following was on the LDS (Mormon) website:

Sarah Ann Morris Baptised 28 April 1863 at Llanrhidian; parents John Morris & Ruth.

Penclawdd is in the parish of Llanrhidian on the Gower peninsula of West Glamorgan.

details on obtaining a copies of birth certificates are on this link:
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/nsbase/registration/certificate...

Joline (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2004 12:24AM GMT
Have just received a reply from 'Alun' regarding my gr grandmother, Sarah Ann/Annie Morris. I have since learned her birth date month, Oct. 11, 1863The reply mentions baptism date. I am now wondering if the date of baptism states the month and date of birth.
Before sending for a birth certificate I want to be sure. It seems that the name Sarah Ann/ Annie was a popular name at the time. I am delighted with such a quick response. Hope you can still help me. Thankyou !!

Alun (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2004 1:48AM GMT
Sorry, no further information; birth dates are rarely recorded in church baptism registers.

Joline (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2004 4:42PM GMT
The baptism date of April 1863 could not have been that of my gr-grandmother as her d o B is Oct. 1863. I have it written down that the name Sarah Ann Morris was listed in the 1881 Brit. census Can you verify this for me and perhaps tell me the parent's name and possible dwelling place? Thankyou, Joline

Alun (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2004 7:30PM GMT
The 1881 British census is online at
http://www.familysearch.org

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2005 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: Morris/Wilks/Isley
I may be too late with this reply, but have you tried the website called familyhistoryonline? It have BMD, and other infor for England and Wales. On one entry I found my ancestor and two of his siblings being baptised. A notation was made as to age . Mine was three years old, so that note cememted his birth date. It might help, and I have found it a good site. Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions