Search for content in message boards

Vermont State Prison

Vermont State Prison

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 4:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: wyman, fuller
Can anyone please help me find out some information on prison records for the state prison in Windsor. A Stephen C. Wyman born March 1845 was in this prison from at least 1890-1900 he died in 1903. He was married to Mary Margaret Fuller. I would like to find out why he was there and for how long. I've searched over everything and can't find anything out except what the federal 1900 census says and the 1890 veterans census. Please help. Thank you.

Re: Vermont State Prison

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 10:05AM GMT
Hi Dylan, E-mail me and I have ALL of the info that you need and maybe a little bit more.

Howard Minch
Keene,NH

cadillac@cheshire.net

Posted: 16 Oct 2011 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: Lethbridge
Do you have just the records on Wyman or the Prison itself? I'm asking because I may have a possible relative that was a convict in 1870 - John Lethbridge, age 16.

Adkdork@yahoo.com

Posted: 3 Nov 2011 2:21PM GMT
STEPHEN C WYMAN -- MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE -- AGE 39 -- BORN NEW YORK --WHEN CONVICTED JUNE 13,1884 -- WHERE CONVICTED WOODSTOCK,VT -- TERM LIFE SENTENCE. I ALSO HAVE THE DEATH RECORDS OF THE PRISON AND THERE IS NO DEATH RECORD FOR HIM AS TO DYING IN THE PRISON.

Howard Minch
Keene,NH

cadillac@ne.rr.com

Posted: 5 Nov 2011 10:41AM GMT
In a newspaper aricle dated Dec. 10 1902, Stephen C. Wyman
was conditionally pardoned by the governor.

excerpt:

At the June term of the Windsor County Court in 1884, Stephen C. Wyman was convicted of murder of the 2nd degree and was sentenced to life imprisonment at hard labor at the state prison. The prison trustees recommended the pardon.
Wyman is 57 years old, a veteran of the civil war, and badly broken in health. He is still suffering from an
injury at the Battle of The Wilderness.

In another news article dated 14 August 1884, Mrs. Stephen Wyman committed suicide in Andover,Vermont by hanging.
Her husband was convicted of murder last spring, sentenced to life, and since then Mrs. Wyman has become insane.

Mary M. Fuller Wyman
Event: Death
Event Date: 13 Aug 1884
Event Place: Vermont, United States
Estimated Birth Year: 1851
Father: David Fuller
Mother: Lucy Smith
**+++

Nothing is mentioned of the children of Stephen & Mary Wyman, Paul b. 1883, Ruth b. 1878, Malvinia b. 1871, Henry b. 1870 d. 1916 in Vermont, but was a resident of Westmoreland,NH & buried there. Justina b. 1868,Rose b. 1875. Also, In the 1880 census, there's also a Susan A. Wyman b. abt 1873.
I also found a few of the children's marriages.

Hope this helps.

I'm not related (that I know of )

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 5:45AM GMT
I would like to ask if you would have any knowledge of a Miles A Wyman who was in Windsor Prison around 1880 when his wife and children were in the poor farm in Poultney, VT at the same time. Thank you

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 12:31PM GMT
To Whomever,

Name Wyman,Miles A

Crime Incest

Date committed Sept 30,1886

discharge date Jan 18,1891

length of sentence 5 years

This is taken straight out of the prison records that I have got, hope it is what you wanted.

Howard Minch
Keene,NH

cadillac@ne.rr.com

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 11:44PM GMT
Thank you, yes it is :)

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 11:56PM GMT
Sept 29,1886
Paper: Argus and Patriot

News article:

Criminal Business Done -
The criminal docket for the September term for the Windham
County Court included fifteen indictments by the grand jury.

excerpt: Against Miles A. Wyman of Grafton for XXXX with the 12 year old daughter of his brother. The respondent entered a plea of not guilty, and the case was tried before a jury, being the first jury case on the calendar.

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 5:01AM GMT
Thank you, do you know of any way I could also find out if he was there in 1880? His wife and children were at the poor farm in Poultney at that time and he was not there. Thank you for your help.
Renee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions