Search for content in message boards

Jonas & Mildred Peterson

Jonas & Mildred Peterson

Kat (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2003 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peterson
My name is Kat my friend and I were up in the cametary looking around at the head stones and we came upon Midred A. Peterson(1879-1963) and Jonas B. Peterson (1873-1949).

We were wondering id you could send us some information about them.

Thank you,

Jonas B Peterson

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2003 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
DEATH CLAIMS J BPETERSON
WELL KNOWN RESIDENT OF SPRIIT LAKE ILL FOR LAST 12 YEARS

Jonas B Peterson, 76, of Spirit Lake, well-known resident of Kootenai County, died last evening at the Spirit Lake hospital. He had been in failing health for the last 12 years.

For the last 40 years, Mr. Peterson had engaged in the real estate and insurance business, and for all of that time represented the Hartford Fire Insurance Co. in the Spirit Athol area. In recognition of his long service, the company had planned a dinner in his honor for Sept. 16 but because of his condition, the plans were changed and he was showered with flowers, cards and good wishes.

Born in Stavenger, Norway, July 28, 1873, Mr. Peterson came to Kootenai county in 1906 from Spirit Lake, Iowa, settling at Athol where he engaged in the lumbering business for three years. In 1909 he turned to insurance and real estate and moved from Athol to Spirit Lake, Idaho in 1919.

Mr. Peterson was also known as an active member of the Democratic party, and served as justice of the peace and the party's precinct committeeman for many years.

He was a member of the Presbyterian church and also of the Moderan Woodman, serving as secretary of the Athol camp for 10 years, and of the Spirit Lake camp for the last 30 years.

Survivors are his widow, Mildred Agnes Peterson, at home and one son, Donald (Don), Charles Peterson of Los Angeles.

The family is making known Mr. Peterson's request that no flowers be sent, but that rather the money be given to the polio and cancer funds, with Mayor C. C. Hohman and C. R. Ross of Spirit Lake desgnated to accept the donations.

The Cassedy Funeral Home of Rathdrum is in charge of funeral arrangements.

The Coeur d' Alene Press

Re: Jonas & Mildred Peterson

Posted: 27 Apr 2014 5:22PM GMT
I don't know if you will receive this, but I found your post when I was also searching for info on Mildred Agnes Peterson. I recently purchased some sheet music, copyright 1933 Spirit Lake Idaho, "Fishin'" by Mildred Agnes Peterson. The cover has a black and white photo of a little boy with his fishing pole that has handwritten "Don then 4 yrs." The cover is also signed "Sincerely, Mildred Agnes Peterson".

Re: Jonas & Mildred Peterson

Posted: 24 Jun 2014 2:39AM GMT
I am searching for information on Jonas Peterson. His father, Lars B., was a bother to my great-grandmother Inger Peterson Bjorenson of Spirit Lake, Iowa.

Would love to share information!

Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic