Search for content in message boards

WEEMS Ervin Willis, Hill Ridge Sharecroppers aft 1924

WEEMS Ervin Willis, Hill Ridge Sharecroppers aft 1924

Donna Brantley (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEEMS
I am searching for the Ervin Willis Weems, Sr. family. They moved from Winn parish in 1924 to Franklin Parish. They lived in Hill Ridge as sharecroppers. The person owning the land name was Dr. Wooten. I am looking for anything that will help. I found a baby that was born to them (Shirley Jean Weems) and a ggg grandfather (JJ Weems) in Crowville Cemetery. This is my grandmother's family. They had 12 kids. I know the children attended Hill Ridge School or possibly Waverly School. I have a good bit of information, but I would like to go back past my ggg grandfather.

Re: WEEMS Ervin Willis, Hill Ridge Sharecroppers aft 1924

teresa (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2006 4:12AM GMT
Hi there. I am researching the Chisholms who were in Winn and Franklin Parishes from 1860-1913. I'm looking for any information regarding William Allen Chisholm - who married Nancy Elizabeth Arledge (they had a son named Moses Flanaghan.) I believe the Weems married into the Chisholms - as well as the Guytons. Any help would be appreciated. I'm also looking for any living descendants to correspond with.

Thanks,
Teresa

Posted: 7 Oct 2008 11:55PM GMT
Hi, My Name is Barbara McVay Meeks My mother Helen Johnson McVay is the daughter of Myrtis Virginia Weems Johnson who daughter of Ervin willis Weems. Email me at barbiemeeks@yahoo.com and I can get info from my mom.

Posted: 8 Oct 2008 12:01AM GMT
My grandmother is a daughter of Ervin Willis WEEMS. Her name is Myrtis Virginia Weems Johnson Farmer. I went to a Weems reunion in 07, I met her siblings, Lois, Nola Jay, Marie, Lettie and more I can't remember all their names. I Have pics I am willing to send. Email me barbiemeeks@yahoo.com put subject "weems" so I want trash you.

Posted: 8 Oct 2008 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: Weems, Chisholm
Hi, Barbie! We are cousins through the Chisholm's. Can I email you privately as well?

Nancy
Indego3@aol.com

Posted: 8 Oct 2008 3:53AM GMT
Surnames: Martin McVay Johnson Anderson
Hi Barbara;
Do your McVays and Johnsons go back aways in Franklin Ph: are they connected to any of the Martin families?
Specificaly Willis McVay family 1870 Census, living with them widow E. Martin & kids. Charles and Maggie /Martin/ Anderson on 1880 census, living with them 12-14 yr old John Johnson.
Bill Thornhill

Posted: 8 Oct 2008 10:13PM GMT
I don't know much about the McVay side. Other than my grandfather was born in Paris Arkansas.

I do know that Ervin Willis Weems still has living children in the Monroe, Winnsboro, Rayville, areas. Some live on Hill Ridge road. I'll have to talk to my Mom, She is the grandaughter of Ervin Willis Weems.

Posted: 8 Oct 2008 10:15PM GMT
yes, anytime. Feel free. barbiemeeks@yahoo.com

Posted: 26 Aug 2009 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Weems
I am his granddaughter. My mom is his daughter, Sherry Irene Weems. He was married to Bessie. They had 3 kids: Jean (now Jean Floyd), Sonny (Ervin Willis III), and my mom, Sherry. Him and my grandma lived in Delhi for years, and then moved to Monroe. My grandmother died in 2005.

Posted: 26 Aug 2009 7:29PM GMT
Also, I believe Ervin Willis Weems Sr, married Lettie Chisolm. They would have been my great-grandparents. They had 12 children. 10 girls and 2 boys if I'm correct. Their son Ervin Willis Weems Jr. is my grandfather. He married Bessie McCoy. My grandpa's brother and their other son was Jack Weems. He lives near Monroe, I believe. William and Nancy would be distantly related to me somehow if they were related to Ervin Willis Weems.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions