Search for content in message boards

Surname: Copal

Surname: Copal

Anna Peebler (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Copal
Looking for any and all info on the Copal family that might have lived in Lafourche Parish in the 1840s. My husband's great, great grandmother Emily Copal was supposedly born in Bayou Lafourche in 1847. She later married very young in Louisiana or in Texas to John Meyer (he came from Germany in mid 1850s) and moved to Galveston, Texas in 1860s. She lived in Galveston until her death in 1917.
Thank you for any and all info.

Re: Surname: Copal

Posted: 29 Mar 2002 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: COPAL
Our gg-grandfather, Abraham Copal,
came from Germany, ABT. 1840.
We are searching for info on the
COPAL surname.
It has been handed down through the
family, over the years, Abraham had
a sister, in Texas.
Would appreciate sharing our info
with you, about the COPALs in Va.

Re: Surname: Copal

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 12:45AM GMT
Surnames: Copal
I would love to share information with you. The only thing my wife didn't tell you is that we found on a U.S. Census 1850, a Copal working as a carpenter at the Peach Point Plantation in Brazoria County, Texas. He was from Germany. The plantation was owned by the Perry family. Mrs. Emily Perry was the sister of Stephen F. Austin, the Father of Texas. I always thought this was interesting, since my gg grandmother had the same first name, Emily Copal Meyer. She was married to John Meyer, and their son Joseph was born in 1874. Like my wife said, her death register in 1917 states that she was born in Bayou Lafourche Louisiana in 1847. This area is or was known as "The German Coast." What can you tell me about Abraham and his sister? Mark Peebler
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions