Search for content in message boards

french canadians

french canadians

Posted: 16 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: laframboise
an article appeared in the north adams paper abt 1996-97 on the freanch canadians who settled and worked at the mills in the berkshires. would greatly appreciate knowing where one could get a copy.

Blanchards, No. Adams

Posted: 27 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: BLANCHARD, TERRY, WILBUR, BIGGART
Dear Mr. Bombardier,

Do you have any connection to Isaac and Lydia Blanchard ? They were in the 1850 census for Florida, Berkshire county, MA, along with their children: Emerson, Oliver, Lucy, Isaac, Lydia, Mary, Sarah, Anna, and Henry. The younger Lydia was my great grandmother, who married James Thomas Terry. She died in No. Adams in 1878. Let me know if you are connected to this family. Thank you, Sharon

French Canadian

Thomas Bombardier (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bombardier, Godbout, Bedard, Guertin, Parmenter, Blanchard
I would imagine the paper you mention is the North Adams Transcript.
The address for the paper is 124 American Legion drive
North Adams Ma.01247 Phone#(413)663-3741
Call and check with them on an archived copy of the article you require.Maybe they can steer you in the proper direction.My Pepere and Memere worked many years in the textile mill on Beaver St.My father also worked there before joining the Army in the early 50's.I still have samples of fabrics my Pepere gave me that were produced there.

Isaac Blanchard

Posted: 28 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT

Dear Mr. Bombardier,

Thank you for your response. Do you have any idea who your Isaac's children were? I'm thinking he may have had a son also named Isaac, dob approx 1807. It would make sense if they both ended up in Florida, MA. If you have anything about Isaac's wife or children I would be very interested. Thanks a million. I'm very anxious to unravel this mystery. I appreciate your time, Sharon

Isaac Blanchard

Posted: 28 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bombardier, Blanchard, Parmenter, Godbout
The first mention I have of an Isaac Blanchard is back 7 generations b.June 26,1787.I am descended from his brother Ebenezer.They are the sons of Lemuel Blanchard and Mary Littlefield.Ebenezer died in Florida Ma on December 15,1849.Isaac was 13 years his younger.No info on his death.
Posted: 1 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT

Dear Mr. Bombardier,

Thank you very much. There is a wealth of info at your website and quite interesting. I'm sure your wife and I are some sort of cousins. Ebenezer's children were the same approx. ages os my gr grandmother's family, with some of the same given names as well. I only have to find out who Isaac's parents were for sure. I am going to try the Mormon library in Exeter, NH this weekend if I get a chance. I'll let you know if I find a connection. Much obliged. Sharon

oops

Isaac

Go to this page to get all my Blanchard info.I have nothing on Isaacs children but plenty on his ancestors.Most of this was put together by my great grandfather in 1919 if you can believe that.Not bad considering it wasn't the information age.His name was Arthur Blanchard.He put it all together in a hardback book which my mother now owns.He also traced his wife Marion Ward back to William Brewster of Mayflower fame.

Isaac Blanchard

Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Dear Susan, Thanks for the response. You have been very helpful. I believe my Isaac was the one born in Vt in approx 1807, as he was listed in the Florida, MA census of 1850 and his age was given as 43 at that time. I have been unable to get out to the library for one reason or another for weeks, but hope to rectify that very soon. I'll let everyone know what I find. I'm determined to track these BLANCHARDS down. Again, I really appreciate your good info. Sharon

Two Blanchard Lines

Susan Blanchard (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Blanchard, Wilcox, Littlefield, Jones
You have run into the problem which has made my research difficult in the past. There were two Blanchard families in southern Vermont and Berkshire county which both came from eastern Massachusetts but were not closely related. I am descended from both.
Isaac Blanchard (son of Lemuel and Mary (Littlefield) Blanchard) was born 26 Jun 1787 in Guilford, Windham Co., VT and died 24 Jan 1861 in Readsboro, Bennington Co., VT. He married Beulah Wilcox 25 Jan 1814 in Readsboro. I know nothing about children. this line can be traced back to the foundation emigrant Thomas. See A Blanchard Memorial in print or Ancestors of Shirley Louise Parmenter on line.

Isaac Blanchard (son of Nehemiah and Lucy (Jones) Blanchard)
was born about 1806 in Vermont perhaps in Whitingham or Guilford. He married Lydia (Stafford?). Nehemiah may be the son of Joshua and Mehitable (Brown) Blanchard. Isaac had a sister Mehitable who married a Chauncey Stafford. This Isaac lived in Adams, Florida, and Hawley, MA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions