Search for content in message boards

Campion, Kettering, Northants, ENG

Campion, Kettering, Northants, ENG

Posted: 6 Feb 2002 6:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Sep 2006 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: Campion
Seeking information on John Campion, born 1884, and George Campion, born 1882.Where they came from and who their parents were are unknown.
They were taken in at Kettering Workhouse, Northamptonshire, in 1889.What happened to the parents is a mystery.
Has anyone a connection with these boys?

Re: Campion, Northamptonshire

Nikki Harris (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 3:29AM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2006 12:54AM GMT
My husband has Campion's in his line from Northamptonshire including various Johns and Georges from mid 1800s. His family is mainly from around Brafield and Piddington. Still working on researching this area. If I find a connection to your two I'll let you know.

julie poll (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 7:39AM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2006 12:54AM GMT
Hi Nicki
Many thanks for your message;it`s given me a little more hope of ever finding out where Grandad came from,and who his parents were.
I have to admit to not looking in those parts of Northamptonshire so I could find a lead if I take a look.
I`d welcome more news from you,particularly if you can make a connection;I`d think a miracle had happened.Hope to hear from you again.
Regards
Julie

cathy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2003 10:48PM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 11 May 2006 12:55AM GMT
John CAMPION is on the 1901 census index ~ he is a 17 year Millers Clerk working in Burton Latimer but has birth place 'unknown'

George is 19 & is working also in Burton Latimer as a clothing presser ~ it says he was born in Kettering.

There was only one family of that name in Kettering in the 1881 census ~ I will send you details by e mail if thats Ok with some ideas about where to research.

Patrick Campion, PA

beth macy (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2003 10:09PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2006 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: Campion, Hall, Wiley

hi. i'm a very novice family-history researcher. i live in roanoke , virginia...and am looking for information on a patrick campion, who came to bolivar, penn., around 1850, from ireland.

he married mary whiley (sp?)

they had a son named James Campion (b. 1859), who married a Dora M. Hall (b. 1865). I believe they are all buried in Bolivar. I think they were Catholic.

James and Dora are my great grandparents. My grandmother Ruth Campion was their daughter.

Long story short: i am going to ireland and would love to find out what territory in ireland that my great-great grandfather Patrick Campion came from.
Also, I would love to learn anything I could about the family. there was a big split between the relatives around 1920 — oh, it is a made-for-TV-movie type of story! — and consequently our family history is very sketchy.

I'd appreciate any and all help you could give me. Thanks so much!

Beth

Beth Macy
Roanoke, Va.
bmacy@cox.net

Re: Patrick Campion, PA

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: RE: Patrick Campion, PA.
Gee..I am about six years late but, my great grandfather was Patrick Campion B:3-17-1827 County Cork, Ireland. He and his brother George (B:1833 Ireland) came over here via the Guy Mannering in May 1850 and entered through Castle Garden. George disappeared from any records and Patrick made his home in Boliver, Pa. He married Catherine Welsh and had a pasel of kids!! James and Ignatius Paul are brothers. Ignatius married Olive Nixon and my father was one of them Ralph Terville Campion. Both were born in Boliver. Dad died in Nov. 1979 in Walkerton, Indiana.JReed is my sisters son. I have been researching the family for a few years but, can't find where Patrick and George boarded in Ireland or who their father was. I know that records show 120 Campions from Cork and I am researching Parish records in hopes of finding them. Please contact me as I would love to know about that riff between the families.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions