Search for content in message boards

John Dalziel b.1751 Lanarkshire, Scotland - Part 3

John Dalziel b.1751 Lanarkshire, Scotland - Part 3

Posted: 3 May 2012 1:56AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 3 May 2012 8:10AM GMT
Surnames: Dalziel, Bell
John Dalziel and Ann bell Marriage certificate from Scots People website. Not like the records here no mention of Father and Mother.
Attachments:

Re: John Dalziel and Ann bell Marriage certificate

Posted: 3 May 2012 8:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 May 2012 8:09AM GMT
That is not a marriage certificate - that is the record of the marriage in the Old Parish Registers.

You are unfortunate with this record as it is unlike most I have seen - some give occupation or place of residence

Marriage certificates were not introduced until 1855.

However, if you are lucky and can find a death certificate for either of this couple for after 1855 this ought to give parents' names

Posted: 4 May 2012 2:23AM GMT
Ya sorry I figured that out after I posted it that it was not marriage certificate. Ill have to check to see if I can find death certificate

Posted: 4 May 2012 2:26AM GMT
Also unfortunately John Died in 1842

Posted: 4 May 2012 8:13AM GMT
If Ann died after 1855 she will be registered twice as BELL and DALZIEL

Re: John Dalziel b.1751 Lanarkshire, Scotland - Part 3

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 12:39AM GMT
Hi:
My name is Diane Anderson, I am the 4th great granddaughter of John Dalziel & Ann Bell. John was born 22 June 1751 and died in Vaughan Township, York County (now part of Toronto Ontario) 15 Dec. 1842. He was married to Ann Bell on the 3rd. of Dec. 1795 in Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland. Ann was born the 5th Oct. 1775 and died in Vaughan Township the 23 July 1866. They were buried on their farm and their tombstones are still there. The farm they settled is now part of Black Creek Pioneer Village in N. Toronto. John & Ann came to Canada in the fall of 1828 bringing their family with them, none of whom at that time had married. One family story has their sons Walter & John coming to the U.S. in 1826 and living with a brother of Ann's in Pittsburgh and working in a glass factory until the rest of the family immigrated. I descend from the line of the son John, and his son John and his son John - then John #3's daughter Mary who married Francis (Frank) McCluskie.
I have photos of their barn, log house, now covered in wood siding and their tombstones if you are interested.
Diane Anderson

Posted: 10 Nov 2013 8:25PM GMT
Thank you for the info. I am the 5th Great grandson of John and Ann Bell. Im just gathering info on and off. So im just saving your info and double checking with mine to make sure I got things correct. Nice to meet family, I have never met before.

Posted: 10 Nov 2013 8:39PM GMT
From What I know Walter went to Philadelphia, then after having a son named Walter, they moved to Ontario Canada. My line goes from John&Ann to Walter -> Walter -> James Proctor ->James Hamilton -> James Kenneth -> Herbert Dalziel (Brown). I live in Toronto, I can get close to the Barn but not on the property due to it being closed off to public. They did have it opened for one occasion but missed that opportunity. I would love to see the cemetery plot if you have been there!!! send pictures to Ghanhams@yahoo.ca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions