Search for content in message boards

Hannah Dustin Association...100th Anniversary

Hannah Dustin Association...100th Anniversary

Posted: 3 May 2004 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
ATTENTION: I would like to inform everyone who reads these boards...there is a Hannah Dustin Association that meets in Haverhill, MA every year in early August. This year marks the 100th Anniversary of the Association. This is just some information for anyone who would like to attend. It's for anybody who is related to Hannah Dustin.

I hope people are interested!!

Re: Hannah Dustin Association...100th Anniversary

Richard MacKinnon (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2004 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: dustin, emerson
I am also descended from Hannah Duston (Duston). While going thru some old documents my father had left me & my mom (now with Alzheimer's) had hidden...he had typed up a Lineage for me.

It goes back to 1657, with a number of dates left blank for a few of her descendants- Col. Nathaniel being one of them.
My daughter is thrilled about being part of her lineage!

If you'd like more info, email me at:
clanmackinnonstl@yahoo.com

Rich MacKinnon

Diane FullontonHanson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2005 5:05AM GMT
I know that I am related to Hannah Dustin but I have no idea how --- other last names that may be of help would be Billings,
Quimby or Fullonton

THE DUSTON-DUSTIN FAMILY ASSOCIATION

Posted: 3 Feb 2005 8:38PM GMT
The organization to which you refer is actually known as The Duston-Dustin Family Association rather than the Hannah Dustin Association. This association first met Oct. 14, 1905 at Haverhill, Massachusetts and meets annually the second Saturday of August at The Buttonwoods, 240 Water Street, Haverhill, Mass. This year we met for the 100th Annual Reunion, had some interesting speakers and took a bus tour to the five monuments in honor of Hannah Dustin and to the "Garrison House", the ancient brick house traditionally known as the Dustin home and which is maintained by the Society.

Since the original New England emigrant, Thomas Duston (c. 1606-1662) had only one son, Thomas Duston Jr. (c. 1652-1732), all Dustins who stem from the early New England family descend from Thomas Jr. and his wife Hannah (Emerson) Duston (1657-1737), noted for her escape from her Indian captors in 1697 and the first woman in America to have a monument erected to her honor.

All descendants of Thomas and Hannah (Duston) are invited to become members of the Duston-Dustin Family Association. The annual dues of $5.00 per year ($50.00 for life membership) are rediculously low and will probably be raised soon. To join, send your membership directly to the Associaton's secretary - Gail Schevey, 63 Bean Road, Merrimack, NH 03054.

The Association has researched and maintained a history of all descendants of Thomas and Hannah Duston since the early part of the 20th century and have published a series of generational booklets which are still available. Much updating is presently being done with the genealogy. As the society's genealogist, I try to assist new and current members who are trying to connect with this family as long as you are willing to exchange information on your family line with us. (Please correspond by e-mail when possible).

Not all persons present in America with the surname Dustin (Duston, Dustan, Dusten) descend from Thomas and Hannah Duston, but a majority do. Some families have come to America in the mid-19th century or later from England and Scotland (particularly those with the surname Dustan). Some Canadian Dustin (Duston, Dustan, Dusten) families descend from Thomas and Hannah Duston while others descend from later emigrants directly from England or Scotland.

We welcome you to become a member of the Association and plan a trip to New England next summer and if possible plan it so you can attend the 101st Annual Meeting of the Association on Aug. 13, 2005 at Haverhill, Massachusetts.

Chris H. Bailey, Genealogist for the Duston-Dustin Family Association
31 Prospect Street
New Hartford, CT 06057-2223

e-mail: bentleyman@charter.net

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: hannah dustin
i am realeted to her she is my great................... aunt

Re: THE DUSTON-DUSTIN FAMILY ASSOCIATION

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 11:11PM GMT
i am realted to hannah dustin

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 11:11PM GMT
i am realted to hannah dustin

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 2:06PM GMT
I have retired as genealogist of the Duston-Dustin Family Association. If you wish to inquire about your line, please contact the new genealogist, Craig Richardson. learn2see@aol.com

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 11:46AM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2012 11:47AM GMT
As Chris mentioned in his recent post, I have taken over from him as the new Duston-Dustin Family Association genealogist. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you might have about your Dustin ancestors.

However, you won't be able to reach me at the listed email address, because I don't have an AOL account. The easiest way to contact me directly would be to click on the username in this post to send a private message.

If you prefer email, you can also reach me at genealogist@duston-dustin.org.

Craig Richardson
Genealogist, Duston-Dustin Family Association

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions