Search for content in message boards

New info re 2000 posting (Sara JACOB/Kildare)

New info re 2000 posting (Sara JACOB/Kildare)

Posted: 29 Aug 2002 4:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jacob/McDermott
Last summer on a research trip to Kildare I found proof that Sara was actually Bridget of Shanavolia (Lullybeg) Kildare, who married John MCDERMOTT of same location in R.C.parish of Kildare & Rathangan on 21 APR 1872. His age is given as 31 & hers 21. John was a Labourer & his father John a farmer. Bridget's father is also John and a farmer.

Thomas Glaccum (?) and Kate Jacob were witnesses and Rev. (?) Thos. Maher performed the rites.

I met some JACOB family members still living in the area, but it seems there were two families JACOB there generations back, so still haven't determined which one I'm descended from before John Jacob the farmer, my g-g'father.

However, still do not know what became of Bridget/Sara JACOB after she was left behind by John and son Patrick in 1882.

Re: New info re 2000 posting (Sara JACOB/Kildare)

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2002 1:55AM GMT
Hi Maureen,

Just curious, could Esther McDermott have been John McDermott’s sister? The Registers of Kildare and Rathangan show John as having a sister Esther. What was her age on the 1900 Census?

I’m researching Hickey and Behan in Dunmurry a few miles away and had noticed the McDermott name.

Jeanne

Maureen Stevens (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2002 12:21AM GMT
Thanks Jeanne. I can't honestly rule out Esther being John McDermott's sister except for the fact that the census shows her name as Jacob and John's wife was also a Jacob. I've been through a lot of the Kildare & Rathangan parish records on a trip there last year and still have not solved the mystery of Sara JACOB, except that her name was officially Bridget according to marriage records as well as the birth records of their children. Good luck with your digging.
Maureen

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2002 2:21AM GMT
Did you notice a Bridget Jacob, twin of Catherine, of John Jacob and Mary Ennis, baptized, 11/23/1845, Lullymore? Sponsors, John McDermott, Cath. Dugan, Luke Ennis and Cath. Alton. Their parents married, 8/16/1842., Barnaran. Catherine Jacob married William Glacum, early 1870's. Don't want to keep bothering you but I have copied the Registers and it's easy to look things up at home. Jeanne

Posted: 2 Aug 2008 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: Walsh, Jacob, Glaccum
Just found your posts about Jacob and Glaccum. I have both those names in my Walsh family from Allenwood, Kildare. Michael Jacob married Ann Walsh in 1873 in Allenwood, Kildare, IRE. John Walsh married Catherine Glaccum married 1879 in Jersey City, NJ, USA.

Any connections?

Posted: 4 Aug 2008 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Jacob, McDermott, Glaccum, Ennis
I am pretty sure there is a connection, but I'm not sophisticated enough in my research to know how. The Sara JACOB MCDERMOTT I've been looking for is actually Bridget and Kate JACOB GLACCUM is Catherine, who is Bridget's twin.

There's a previous post from a Jeanne in 2002, who located the above information, but I only received confirmation from a Kildare McDermott relative t that these are my relatives. (The John McDermott marriage to Mary Ennis being the clincher).

Several years ago, a woman from Bartlesville, OK contacted me inquiring about the GLACCUM in my posting, but at the time I hadn't know he was married to my gr-grandmother's twin sister.

I attempted to contact her but no reply.

Posted: 8 Aug 2008 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: Walsh, Morrin, Jacob, Glaccum, Donegan, Fitzgibbon
My Jacob and Walsh connections are from Allenwood, Kildare. John Walsh married Catherine Glaccum in Jersey City so I'm just figuring out the Glaccum family could also be from Kildare. Catherine's parents were William Glaccum and Catherine Keegan. I haven't found any McDermott connections yet.

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 9:09PM GMT
Maureen, Hi--I am the women from Bartlesville who contacted you about Thomas Glaccum. I just read where your Bridget is my Catherine's twin sister. I was wondering if you have any other info. about the family? I have Kate's parents as Christopher Jacob and her mother as Ellen Brock. I tried to e-mail you, but could not reach you. I still have not found much info.. on the family. Do you know of any other siblings ?

Posted: 18 May 2009 11:13PM GMT
Surnames: ENNIS, GLACCUM, JACOB, MCDERMOTT
Hi,
Sorry I took so long to reply. The information I had about Catherine GLACCUM being the twin sister of my great grandmother Bridget JACOB MCDERMOTT came to me from a McDermott descendant still living in the Kildare area and whom I had met in 2001. We had gotten together again in 2004 and 2006. He did some research for me, but I'm not sure where he found the twin connection. Unfortunately, he passed away last year and he was my only email connection.

Now, my question is do you have a birth date for your Catherine GLACCUM? Bridget is 1843/44. Her Mom is Mary ENNIS, which I probably already told you. What made me so sure Kate and Bridget are sisters was the witnesses to the marriage of Bridget and John MCDERMOTT were Catherine JACOB and Thomas GLACCUM. Of course Catherine could be of another JACOB line but I'm not sure how to proceed with this one. Especially since I have not been able to spend as much time on this stuff. I contracted Lyme Disease and it's caused a lot of fatigue and brain fog. Going on 3 years now.

My recently departed disant cousin Brian said that people who knew Thomas Glaccum thought very, very highly of him.

I do not know of other siblings of Bridget and her sister. Though there probably are. Bridget and John McDermott had John, b. 1873, Thomas b. 1874, Patrick b. 1875, Bernard, 1876 and Michael 1879.

Posted: 23 Nov 2009 8:28PM GMT
Was your Catherine Glaccum from Rathangan Kildare as on looking into my family I have found my great granny was Lucy Glaccum from Rathangan but the family seems to have disappeared. Lucy was married to John Dunne in 1894 and her parents name were William and Anne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions