Search for content in message boards

Canac-Marquis

Canac-Marquis

joan (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2004 5:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Canac-Marquis
Would lkie info on Ferdinand Phileas Canac Marquis. b. 1858 Ste Famille. He was Dr/Surgeon. Who were parents? married to Marie Joseph Emma Plante, my great aunt. She was born around 1870. They had at least 1 son Raoul b, 8- 1925 died 1989 California. Any thing any one might have on this couple will be appreciated.

Re: Canac-Marquis

Paul Marquis (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 1:43AM GMT
His father was Francois Canac Marquis. His mother was Sophie Bilodeau. He was born at Sainte Famille, Iles D'Orlean in August 1858.
He married Emma Plante daughter of Antoine and Eudoxie Chabot in Saint Paul, Minnesota on 8 July 1894. My document indicates one son Raoul born 21 November 1895 and died in San Fransisco on 19 april 1901
Ferdinand 2nd marriage was to Jeanne Van Flueg(born in France) on 13 July 1904 in Jersey City(I'm assuming New Jersey but that may not be correct.)
Ferdinand was very intelligent. He got his medical degree from College Victoria in Montreal in 1886. He established himself at Anoka, a little village near Minneapolis. He travelled frequently to Europe between 1890 and 1900 to increase his surgical knowledge. He left Saint Paul for California where he was Chief Surgeon at "l'Hopital Francais" and "The California Women's Hospital". In 1903 he founded a 51 bed Hospital called "The Canac-Marquis Hospital".
He was a highly respected surgeon acclaimed in many periodicals.
I have very little information about his first wife. I hope this information helps.

None of the above information comes from primary sources.

joan schaefer (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 4:21PM GMT
Paul. Thanks for your reply. I have his first wife as Marie Joseph Emma Plante b. St. Laurent, I. of Montmoremency, Que. 1870, d. 1931. Her parents were Joseph Plante, b. 12-21-1822, St. Laurent. d. 3-22-1870 St. Laurent. married to Marie Anne Celina Cing Mars, b. 3-3-1834, d St. John, North Dakota. after 1885. They were my great grandparents, They had 9 children that I can track so far, Celine Marie Plante Hamel, Joseph Alfred, married Cordelia Bocage, Marie Philomene Celaire Plante Foussanrd, Albert Napoleon married Nora Norstad, Marie Joseph Cedulie Plante Martineau, Marie Joseph Alfred married Marie Germaine Flordia Rousseau, (my grandparents) and Marie Joseph Emma. I have no place of death for her. If you want any other info on other members of this family, let me know. Joan

joan (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 4:25PM GMT
Oops. Paul I forgot one child. 6th child Marie Georgina became Num and died after 1031. Was living in Edmondon, Alberta, Canada at one time.

Paul Marquis (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2004 1:12AM GMT
I'm glad I could help. I am a Canac dit Marquis descendant but Ferdinand-Phileas C-M is not in my direct line. It's just information I had about the family that I shared with you. Good Luck with your research. Paul

Posted: 4 Sep 2005 1:39AM GMT
Do you have information on Joseph Canac Marquis, married to Marie Droin, lived Ile Destrain in Quebec. There grandson Paul Canac Marquis, born abt. 1800, married my ancester in Louisiana, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Bobbie Hymel Wade

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 12:06AM GMT
Interesting! I have two stock certificates, one made out to FP Canac Marquis and one made out to Mrs. Jeanne Canac Marquis. We have no idea how, but they were with my grandmother's things when she died. My great grandfather was the type to make personal loans, so we assumed they were collateral for something.

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 11:44AM GMT
Hello,

I'm a french canadian. Excuse me for my mistakes. Can you tell me what kind of certificate do you have about F P and Jeanne Canac-Marquis?

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 2:35PM GMT
They are stock certificates for Cosala Consolidated Mining Co and National Safety Powder Company. One is made out to JP and one is made out to Mrs. Jeanne Canac-Marquis.

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 4:12PM GMT
I am surprise you have these documents.

Thank you very much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic